Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Its taking me about 20 minutes to upload a movie on the the touchpad, and can only do one at a time, i can only imagine if I needed to download the movie on to my computer from the Disc then load the file on to my TouchPad.

any easier solution for all this???
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    ?
    What size movie are you talking about?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I put a 700 mb movie on someone's took 5-7 mins or so.

sent from my thunderbolt
    800MB took maybe 3 or 4 minutes. How large was your file?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Well Im uploading 2 movies now, will upload one at a time next and report back.

Limitless (File Size: 1.19 GB File Type: .avi)
    is going quickly got about 5-7 minutes left

Iron Man (File Size: 7.94 GB File Type: .MKV )
    1 hour and change (this is while uploading Limitless)
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Just cancelled both downloads and will only be doing Limitless to see how quickly it is.

Quote Originally Posted by thirsy1258 View Post
    I put a 700 mb movie on someone's took 5-7 mins or so.

sent from my thunderbolt
    Where did you find 700MB movies??? or did you downsize them???

Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    800MB took maybe 3 or 4 minutes. How large was your file?
    Same goes for you, where are you guys getting this 700MB movies, and are you downsizing them or what??? I have Kalemsoft to play my movies, do I know it doesnt matter what format they are in, but how do i scale them down to that.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Why on earth would you put an 8 GB movie on a touchpad? It doesn't have HDMI out and its filesystem can't handle files over 2 GB anyway (unless you created a linux partition).

Do you have a reasonably fast computer for transcoding? I have large files like that for watching on my 60" TV, but I recode to lower resolution mp4 for my tablets.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    Same goes for you, where are you guys getting this 700MB movies, and are you downsizing them or what??? I have Kalemsoft to play my movies, do I know it doesnt matter what format they are in, but how do i scale them down to that.
    Ah!

Get handbrake and search for it on these forums to get a config file for TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    Where did you find 700MB movies??? or did you downsize them???
    There is lots of software that will do this. Handbrake is a good free one. See http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...if-wanted.html
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rghilliard View Post
    There is lots of software that will do this. Handbrake is a good free one. See http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...if-wanted.html

To encode to mp4, its going to take 7 hours, is this right, the movie is 2 hours long, i know that, but still to downsize it will take that long?
    Last edited by ac921ol; 09/06/2011 at 12:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    The time to encode depends upon your computer. A fast, sandy-bridge i7 will run circles around an older processor. I assume by mk4 you mean either m4v (mp4) or mkv?

I suggest you don't use mkv as it tends to be the most poorly supported for playback on portable devices while mp4 (aka m4v for apple) tends to be the most widely supported.

If you have a slower computer then queue stuff up and leave it go overnight.