Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    This is based on the work of two posters Azitek and Cube1701

1) First go to:

https://mail.google.com/mail/mu/mp/131/?mui=ca

2) To scroll - simply hold down somewhere in the email and drag up or down to the blue bar. if you don't take your finger off, you can continue to scroll up and down.

3) To resize the view between you email list and the panel view, hold on the dividing line and drag to the left (this is a bit fiddly but works although I'm still trying to work out where is the best 'grip' - as far as I can tell - if you push down on the boundary parallel to the reply to tab at the bottom it work.).

Currently, there is no way to send from multiple accounts.
    Last edited by CGK; 09/06/2011 at 08:42 AM.
    Escalus likes this.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    What would also be helpful here - can we force the browser into full-page mode? Or is that too 2009 for it?
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Just playing a bit more - if you save the page into your launcher, it seems to remember your preferences in regards to how wide you want each panel to be.
    what happened to my post about webOS browser really sucks...
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Will offline email access work or does that require chrome?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

2) To scroll - simply hold down somewhere in the email and drag up or down to the blue bar. if you don't take your finger off, you can continue to scroll up and down.
    Can you explain this again? I thought I did exactly as instructed, but I am unable to scroll... Thanks.

UPDATE: n/m I figured out what you meant. basically, press and hold on an email in the left-column and move your finger to the top or to the bottom. when your finger touches the top or bottom of the screen (the blue horizontal bars), hold your finger there and it will start scrolling.
    me101 and ryan87500 like this.
    this works better than webOS browser email. Thanks. Scroll is a challenge esp coming up, but still better than webOS browser
    do you have a link to the Google Reader iPad view?
    i kind of really hate the way scrolling is implemented, but i do like the rest of it. meh.

To resize the panes, double or triple tapping on the divider line on the bottom row, and then dragging seemed to work reliably.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I know, novelty aside, are you guys really using this for email? I'd love to, but any time I try, sudden urge to throw touchpad.

2 posts up, have you checked out any of the google reader readers (?) on the hp app market place.. Dealy?

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .
    Curiosity got me. I checked it out. What am I missing? It actually seems to me to be awkward to navigate. I got the concept of sliding your finger to either top or bottom blue bars, neat but my preference is spin to win....to each their own

Choice is always good, I understand that, but what's so great about this over the stock email client?
    jboogie3#WN and ryan87500 like this.
    I have on TP, native client for my wife's email, I need to check my gmail so cant use her native email client. SO log into gmail website, it doesnot scroll in gmail through the really poorly implemented webOS browser. Thru this link I can scroll thru my gmail again.
    This is why I love this post:

1) I can now archive messages from my TP, so that my inbox isn't out-of-control
    2) I can now search the body of emails to find what i'm looking for
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    2 posts up, have you checked out any of the google reader readers (?) on the hp app market place.. Dealy?
    Yeah, I've purchased a couple of them. They're all shockingly terrible. Some of them try to mimic Reeder's UI without providing any of the functionality. Others use radically different UI metaphors that are completely contrary to the very idea of RSS.
  15. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    I'm awaiting this solution as well...^^^^

NomNomNom is a very good Google Reader app I've been using.
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/YaBoiD
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I have on TP, native client for my wife's email, I need to check my gmail so cant use her native email client. SO log into gmail website, it doesnot scroll in gmail through the really poorly implemented webOS browser. Thru this link I can scroll thru my gmail again.
    ok fair enough, I see why... I went to mail.google.com and the page doesnt fully load, however....

instead of loading the main page, I decided to load HTML page for slow connections, and that is way easier (for me) to navigate than the iPad version. It shows 1-100 emails and I can flick from top to bottom in one swipe (easier going from bottom to top due to being so close to the minimize card action)

I have multiple email accounts set up on my TouchPad as well, you could just enter your email into accounts and then you could view your emails in the same native email app, just pick the inbox you want to view.

I guess it depends on how sensitive the information is that you're trying to access, and whether or not you feel comfortable leaving that open on your wife's TouchPad.

I do suggest checking out the load HTML for slow connections though, unless that doesn't cut it for you.
    when this is -working- it's so much ridiculously faster than our glacially slow stock email client, that i just about want to barf.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    + 1 for the html version of gmail. The native client is not horrible, but when connecting to a school's wifi, it won't let me sync due to invalid certificate. So, I'd have to tether to my phone to actually send the email... Gonna stick to the html for now. But anyone know a fix for that?

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    This is why I love this post:

1) I can now archive messages from my TP, so that my inbox isn't out-of-control
    2) I can now search the body of emails to find what i'm looking for
    If you never deletes your emails and just archive them, you can change the trash folder to All mail in account settings and deleting emails works the same as archiving them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    http://www.google.com/reader/i/
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast