Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I recently accidentally discovered something about flash on the touchpad that i havent seen anyone else mention.

For most of the flash elements i tried i was able to bring up an option to make it full screen by first double clicking and then holding on a non-link area of the element for about 5-6 seconds. A transparent grey box appears at the top with an x to close and an icon to make the flash element fullscreen.

This is great for flash games, however, when in fullscreen mode, flash no longer recognizes bluetooth keyboard strokes.

The only flesh elements where this didn;t work were one like adds where holding would just open the referring link in another card immediately.
    Last edited by R_E; 09/06/2011 at 04:59 AM.
    Hmm...couldn't get mine the work, but then I just tried a Flash Game.

Actually, the Double-tap works and zooms in, but I don't get the full-screen option or x in the corner.

Either way, I found a great Tower Defense game that works VERY Well on my TouchPad called Zombie Defense Agency on miniclip.com. Interesting and I'll have to play with your suggestions on video or other Flash content. Thanks, Sorli...
    Thanks for this R_E - just received my Touchpad this afternoon and was a bit disappointed with the slow performance on some flash games - but this makes a massive difference. As you said you double-tap first to bring it to the focus of the browser, then sometimes I have to tap 2 or 3 times and then hold it down for quite a while until the grey box appears at the top left of the flash element. The performance when in true fullscreen is just fantastic. Thanks again.
    sorli likes this.
  4. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    if it doesn't work, try holding in a different place. Also, you sometimes need to do the doubletap again. Try zooming in real close, then doing the double tap. The little tap to un focus box will appear. Wait for that to go away. Then hold.
    Double tap and a long hold on the second tap works for me. Very cool, thanks for pointing this trick out!

And that zombie tower defense game is fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by UCLAKoolman View Post
    Double tap and a long hold on the second tap works for me. Very cool, thanks for pointing this trick out!

And that zombie tower defense game is fun!
    Does everyone get "Tap outside or pinch when finished" in a grey box when trying this or is this just on Miniclip.com games? Thanks and still love the game. Sorli...
    Ya I mentioned this a few times in a few posts. Hoping for a patch soon. Also, the arrow keys don't work even when it isn't in full screen mode.
  8. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    Ya I mentioned this a few times in a few posts. Hoping for a patch soon. Also, the arrow keys don't work even when it isn't in full screen mode.
    actually, I got the arrow keys to work in a flash game with my generic crappy Bluetooth keyboard. I had to do some fidgeting though. Its possible its just the HP keyboard that doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    actually, I got the arrow keys to work in a flash game with my generic crappy Bluetooth keyboard. I had to do some fidgeting though. Its possible its just the HP keyboard that doesn't work.
    When you say "fidgeting" what exactly do you mean?
    Wow, thanks, I was able to do this when I first got my Touchpad, but couldn't get it to happen since. Has been driving my nuts.

Btw - seems like you don't need to double tap, just tap and hold.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Anyone having issues with justin.tv/twitch.tv live streams? When I fullscreen the live streams, they are still very choppy.
  12. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    When you say "fidgeting" what exactly do you mean?
    Well. I believe the fidgeting more has to do with my specific keyboard. It doesnt have dedicated arrow keys. You need to hold down a fn key to access them. however, i was only able to get it to recognize them when the key was in fn lock mode, not just by pressing fn + arrow. Then again, my keyboard does weird thing in webos.
    this won't work for me... tried a few different flash sites/elements
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
  14. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    this won't work for me... tried a few different flash sites/elements
    make sure you double tap and see the Tap outside or pinch when finished. when this dissapears, then do the long hold.
    DAMN, this actually works. You know I saw this pop up a while back but thought it was a video i was playing or something and couldn't reproduce it. Thanks for finding this. Adding this info to my website tomorrow!

EDIT....

You know I think mine actually runs slower when fullscreen like this. More testing needed.
    Last edited by djphatjive; 09/07/2011 at 01:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by djphatjive View Post
    DAMN, this actually works. You know I saw this pop up a while back but thought it was a video i was playing or something and couldn't reproduce it. Thanks for finding this. Adding this info to my website tomorrow!

EDIT....

You know I think mine actually runs slower when fullscreen like this. More testing needed.
    I can confirm that I went to play Burrito Bison (http://www.notdoppler.com/burritobison.php) and it ran much worse in full screen. Then again, it's overly intensive and poorly optimized and can even slow down bigger PCs...so it's not really the TPs fault (and I'm on 1.728GHz overclock).

I'm guessing less intensive flash works much better this way but when you hit a certain level that benefit goes out the window. Regardless, awesome tip! Buggy for me to get to work but DOES work.
    Anyone know of a way to play .SWF flash files directly, instead of having to load the web page? Was hoping the handler would open it in the browser but it does not. Or maybe I could do a file:// or //memory address tweak of some sort.

I guess I could try hacking the handler to use advanced browser to open it and see but it'd be nice if there was an easier way. Too bad I can't just drag and drop it onto the browser
  18. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    Anyone know of a way to play .SWF flash files directly, instead of having to load the web page? Was hoping the handler would open it in the browser but it does not. Or maybe I could do a file:// or //memory address tweak of some sort.

I guess I could try hacking the handler to use advanced browser to open it and see but it'd be nice if there was an easier way. Too bad I can't just drag and drop it onto the browser
    pretty sure there is a patch in preware that allows you to open local files in the browser. then you just need to type

file://media/internal/whatever_path_you_choose
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    pretty sure there is a patch in preware that allows you to open local files in the browser. then you just need to type

file://media/internal/whatever_path_you_choose
    Think I found it. It's called "file URLs for Browser" in Preware. I'll give it a shot, thanks!
    I'm getting very furstrated that I can't get the full screen option to show up.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast