09/06/2011, 12:59 AM
so ive had my touchpad 3 days and already know the basics of ten goods and bads. As with when I had webOS in a pre, I know HP reads this. I also will nor, I am not editing this at all other then what auto correct defects. I normally have a few typos but to prove one of my points I'm going to leave it .
so here goes from worst to least
1. Lag... What's weird is it can be buttery smoothskmetjmes and just stall for a few which can mess up the app affer words causing you to have to reopen. Thus is the biggest issue as it happens enough to make it agitating. Whether it annoys me as much as the iPads app crashing is undecided lol people forget or choose to forget that thing has plenty of its ken issues,
2. The keyboard.... I really debated putting this as number 1. I love the look, the sound and the number key. J also love the size optikns , but j hate how j can so easily press an I and get a j if I'm typing fast, evening j saw the I light up and not the j... I can type pretty fast and find myself retiring passwords 5 times just to get them right... Needs fixing asap. Autocorrect is ok but since pretty much a lot of my words are messed up, my paragraphs cannloom pretty bad, far worse then it ever did on my pre, windows phone, itouch, or iPad. Take a look at thinnest so far. I have been monitoring my fingers and watching very closely. Is anyone else noticing this?
3. I haven't experienced this yet but from what I fits common. Apparently we cannot set email notifications without eventually loosing sound. I really love webOS for email notifications so I'd like to use this feature!
5. Lots of small missing features. I've had webOS since 1.0.1so I pretty much know its history well. 3.02 is not really groundbreaking in features added, it barely has more features then webOS 2.1 and even losses some of those features. The ui is gorgeous but its features are pretty behind. Still no password saving in browser, no private browser option no threaded email, no native camera app, no basic photo editing, and no access to files from the browser for uploading. Sure some of these aren't even on other platforms but most are and many more are coming in ISO 5 and ice cream. I'm saying this out of love for webOS, personally the first 4 problems are much more important but still for it to survive, it needs to compete better. I say take synergy to the extreme like windows phone, have more optional services, mark its strengths shine while filling in gaps.
6. Startup speed. Simple as this, it still takes way too long
7. Better pal organization in app catalog.for instance, searching brings up touchpad and none touchpad together. They should be divided into touchpad and phones.
8. Bookmarks need more organization maybe folders or a bookmarks bar.
9. Needs plenty of apps. Not much else to say there.
10. Camera is backward as it is in landscape when in portrait mode or visa versa in landscape. I would like to utilize all the recalibrate on my device when shaping to another to just as they surely wild too.
as you probably will tell though the typing seems worse in my opinion and while I always have had a problem with this as I rarely ever used a pc for forums, its never been this level of bad.
I also want to note I am a tech enthusiast so please know I mean thus hot of love for the platform :-) I dint want 10 hundred "flamed" posts or I'm an IRan posts lol. I just pick out the bad because I want it fixed that's what forums are for :-) I can name just as many good things.