Like Tree19Likes
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Cross-posting:

Quote Originally Posted by azitek View Post
    I got it to work with Cube1701's link here
    https://mail.google.com/mail/mu/mp/131/?mui=ca

I also found out how to scroll with this. You know how when you select text, and go near an edge, a page will scroll as you continue selecting text? I think that's how it works here: start from just inside one of the big blue horizontal bars (the top one has the compose and archive buttons, and the bottom one works too) and drag into the blue bar and hold. Hopefully that makes sense, but it's pretty obvious once you get it.

So far I don't think HTML5 offline storage works; can anyone confirm/get it to work?
    This works for the scrolling. I find that you don't have to be that near the bar, just hold down somewhere in the email and then pull down to the blue-bar in the direction you want to go.

Edit: Actually holding your finger on it, allows you to scroll both up and down in one motion.
    Last edited by CGK; 09/06/2011 at 08:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Am I the only one that keeps getting random reboots? I will be doing something or trying to open an app and all of sudden that lovely little hp logo will come on and i have wait for it to restart.

Because that is my #1 problem...

To be perfectly honest, i really don't have many complaints beyond that. Then again this is my first tablet and i was planning on getting a touchpad eventually before HP discontinued them. that just moved up my time table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturos View Post
    Am I the only one that keeps getting random reboots? I will be doing something or trying to open an app and all of sudden that lovely little hp logo will come on and i have wait for it to restart.

Because that is my #1 problem...

To be perfectly honest, i really don't have many complaints beyond that. Then again this is my first tablet and i was planning on getting a touchpad eventually before HP discontinued them. that just moved up my time table.
    No random reboots for me.

The other day, I was listening to mp3s using the Amazon Cloud Player (the website). When I tried playing some Angry Birds, it would "crash" to the desktop after selecting a level. Like it ran out of RAM or something. It happened 3 times under the same conditions. Haven't tried again, so no idea if it's reproducible or was just some random thing.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    *The browser.
    I tried getting into my Chase.com account last night and couldn't - it kept going back to the login screen.
    I do have Ubuntu installed and tried from the Chromium browser and was able to get in from there.

*Lag
    When it's bad, it's bad. Happens in Spaz a lot, in the browser sometimes as well.
    1. Give us a better browser that can do regular Gmail, download files from password protected sites, organize bookmarks in folders, etc. Well if we just have Chrome or Chromium, ported to it.

2. Enable a (bluetooth or USB) mouse feature so we can do better with drop-down lists, select/copy/paste, etc.
    as for sending from your other email accounts integrated with your min gmail account, what I did was add those other emails manually but turned notifications and sync off so that you can reply from those emails but don't have to worry about getting the same mail twice. Hope this helps / makes sense.
    start up speed? Mine takes a minute tops. Have none of you owned a pre? Try out the start up time on that
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

PrimerGod likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    No random reboots for me.

The other day, I was listening to mp3s using the Amazon Cloud Player (the website). When I tried playing some Angry Birds, it would "crash" to the desktop after selecting a level. Like it ran out of RAM or something. It happened 3 times under the same conditions. Haven't tried again, so no idea if it's reproducible or was just some random thing.
    sounds like you need to edit the apps appinfo.json so the required memory is 120. Fixed that problem for me.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

i'm guessing most of the folks did not upgrade to webOs3.0.2 and overclock their touchpad,turn off logging, apply other patches for scrolling etc. Research the forums for more info.
    For the price i paid for my TP and the awesome webos community..i would not whine if i were you.
    the root.
    Quote Originally Posted by tptp View Post
    i'm guessing most of the folks did not upgrade to webOs3.0.2 and overclock their touchpad,turn off logging, apply other patches for scrolling etc. Research the forums for more info.
    For the price i paid for my TP and the awesome webos community..i would not whine if i were you.
    You'd be guessing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    start up speed? Mine takes a minute tops. Have none of you owned a pre? Try out the start up time on that
    God, I forgot about that. I don't know if it's improved or not, but the launch day Pre that I had was infuriating in that respect.
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    The only issue that I have so far is the lack of the gesture area that I am so used to using in my pre+, I find myself trying to swipe to go back at least once an hour more if I just got done using my pre. Other then that I love this device.
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tptp View Post
    Done all that - but that's a bit of a "did you stop beating your wife?" question because now the responses will be "ah.. clearly it is a faulty patch".
    Bill484 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I have been monitoring my fingers and watching very closely. Is anyone else noticing this?
    Yep, I've noticed the same - you think you've hit the right key (sometimes you're sure you've hit the right key), you carry on typing getting up a fair old speed, then finally look up and discover you've got entire words of gibberish on the screen.

What the webOS keyboard *needs* is that bubble to appear above each key as they are hit, with the bubble confirming the letter you have just entered. Your eyes are focused on the individual letters so it makes sense to have visual confirmation in that area, so that if you see an incorrect letter-bubble you can correct the mistake immediately, not entire words later on.

iOS has the bubble trick, MeeGo has it, I assume Android has it too. webOS doesn't, and the on-screen keyboard sucks as a result.

3. I haven't experienced this yet but from what I fits common. Apparently we cannot set email notifications without eventually loosing sound. I really love webOS for email notifications so I'd like to use this feature!

6. Startup speed. Simple as this, it still takes way too long
    Personally speaking #6 wouldn't be such an issue if it weren't for #3 which requires a reboot to fix the sound.

4. Choppy scrolling.
    It's hard to believe a "modern" OS like webOS lacks full GUI acceleration - even Symbian has a fully accelerated GUI.

It astounds me that Palm spent all this time and effort producing webOS only for it to be released with really basic bugs (eg. sound loss), and minimal GPU acceleration. What did they spend their time on?

I'll add one of my own:

#11: Font clarity at small point sizes is shockingly poor.
    My only big problem is loosing sound. It doesnt loose sound in the middle of a task or anything, but if i put it down and come back to it I wont have sound. That is very annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpre View Post
    1) Arrow keys in keyboard. The keyboard is great to type, but without these keys every small mistake is a hassle. How don't you put these keys, at least in the extra-keys screen?
    For real! We get 7 freaking emoticons and no cursor arrows???
    1. Full Graphics acceleration. (might have an excuse when you only make the software or the hardware, but when you do both you have no excuse)
    2. "Alternatives"
    2.1 Keyboards
    2.2 Browsers (been leaving suggestions at browser companies suggesting one for hp touchpad)
    3. Connectivity- Can't do much for this for now.

Most of the other stuff I could live with w/o bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse View Post
    #11: Font clarity at small point sizes is shockingly poor.
    Yes. Text is sharper on my phone when I'm fully zoomed out. It was the thing I really hated on iPad 1 (the low dpi).
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    Yes. Text is sharper on my phone when I'm fully zoomed out. It was the thing I really hated on iPad 1 (the low dpi).
    I'm not sure it's a screen dpi issue, more a case of defective (or decidedly dodgy) sub-pixel rendering/anti-aliasing at small point sizes - they probably need to automatically disable sub-pixel rendering/anti-aliasing below a certain point size, which would then improve clarity of smaller fonts.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post
    My only big problem is loosing sound. It doesnt loose sound in the middle of a task or anything, but if i put it down and come back to it I wont have sound. That is very annoying.
    Set your email notifications to vibrate till HP issues a fix. I haven't lost sound since doing that over a month ago.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast