Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    does anyone wish they got the plan? I see it being a benefit. If I accidentally break it month 11 and they don't have touchpad to replace it with, I see them helping me out with a slade or something HP related, What do you guys think?

it does only cost $49.00
    comes out to about 4.20 a month for the adp
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I got a 2yr through Square Trade with accidental damage, and its valued at 599 so if something happens I will be able to get another tablet.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k_ozz View Post
    I got a 2yr through Square Trade with accidental damage, and its valued at 599 so if something happens I will be able to get another tablet.
    How much did you pay for the SquareTrade?

I tried to quote my TP and if you put the value of $599 the estimate is around $55. However, when I put $149 (which the real amount I paid for), it still quotes me as $55 (same as the $599).

My costcentral receipt specifically say I paid $149. How did you manage to have that warranty amount?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    You need to check your Square Trade agreement. I believe they will repair, replace, or as will most likely be the case with the TP, refund. They'll want a copy of your receipt, and my experience with them makes me believe you'll only get back what you paid. So, if you paid $149, you'll get $149 back, not $599. That's been my experience. Like I said, check your agreement.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    soo, what do you guys stilll think, is it worth it?? I def think its worth it if I can get a value of $599.00 so the question is how did you get square trade to value it at $599.00, or is that what you originally paid for it?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I paid $69.99 plus tax. My reciept showed $149 but the rep I spoke with understood that this was not the true value and located the $599 price online and attached it to my account so I could cover it at that ammount, and if something were to happen I could replace it with another tablet.
    the tp was $99. If it breaks it breaks.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I could of went with nothing, however after paying paying 149 for it and about 100 for all the accessorys I think insuring it in case something happens is worth it so I can get a replacment after having it I don't think I could not have a tablet again.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tvc15 View Post
    the tp was $99. If it breaks it breaks.
    Just cause it was $99 doesnt mean it is not worth more, so some of us like to take care of our things, and insure that they are covered. Im guessin you could be quite young still, but that doesnt matter, enjoy your $99 tablet, if you want to sell it let me know since it was only $99.

I could of went with nothing, however after paying paying 149 for it and about 100 for all the accessorys I think insuring it in case something happens is worth it so I can get a replacment after having it I don't think I could not have a tablet again.
    I agree with you, and I have the accessories as well.

I paid $69.99 plus tax. My reciept showed $149 but the rep I spoke with understood that this was not the true value and located the $599 price online and attached it to my account so I could cover it at that ammount, and if something were to happen I could replace it with another tablet.
    I will call them and ask them to look up the price as that is the price it will cost me to get another tablet. Any idea on the lady you spoke with or what site she used to confirm the $599.00 price tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    Just cause it was $99 doesnt mean it is not worth more, so some of us like to take care of our things, and insure that they are covered. Im guessin you could be quite young still
    52. Just saying if it breaks I'm not out all that much money. And using my AMEX card doubles the warranty and covers such things. Most care packages are a waste of money imho.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Usually the only care packages I get are for outdoor equipment, like waterproof speakers, or TV, but nothing indoors, this would be my first real one if i were to purchase it, just seems like it could be quite nice to have if they do cover it for $599.00
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I actually spoke to a couple of people in the process it started at 149, so I do not have a name, sorry.