Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Why is the Touchpad's micro-USB port so hard to plug into?

Thanks!
    Don't know, I find it awkward to plug into as well. Wish they used the magnet adapter from the veer.
    Yeah, the port is garbage. I have to enter it at an angle to get it to go in.
    That's how they get you to purchase the touchstone :-)

I love my touchstone btw
    My USB port seems to be working properly, I don't have to angle the plug to get it to go into the socket.

I also love my Touchstones.
    I find it about as finicky as anything else with a micro USB port.
    its easy to know which side is up
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by UCLAKoolman View Post
    That's how they get you to purchase the touchstone :-)

I love my touchstone btw
    That's why I originally bought the Touchstone charger.

However, I find myself plugging in the micro-USB cable frequently because
    I'm loading/unloading filess off the Touchpads all the time.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    The end that fits into the Touchpad actually has two small "barbs" on it that lock it in place when inserted. It's annoying sometimes but it will never fall out!
    I don't mind it

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    I have the same feel.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    i think the usb tip on my cable was bent a little out of the box, i try different cables and it goes in much smoother, those barbs don't help
    Quote Originally Posted by Number09 View Post
    I find it about as finicky as anything else with a micro USB port.
    No it is not. It is definitely harder to see and more fussy to align that any other micro USB connection I use.
    I have to angle mine, but once plugged in it feels quite secure. Knowing that I have to angle it actually makes it a little bit easier to plug in.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletmark View Post
    No it is not. It is definitely harder to see and more fussy to align that any other micro USB connection I use.
    agreed.... I hate to say this, but if anything's going to break on the Touchpad, I think it
    this darn micro-USB connector may be the first to go.

Touchstone only solves half of the problem... I wonder if there's a way to
    wirelessly transfer data to/from the Touchpad?(other than email)
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    agreed.... I hate to say this, but if anything's going to break on the Touchpad, I think it
    this darn micro-USB connector may be the first to go.

Touchstone only solves half of the problem... I wonder if there's a way to
    wirelessly transfer data to/from the Touchpad?(other than email)
    Your free box account.

I'm waiting for a touchpad version of that wifi sync app.
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    Why is the Touchpad's micro-USB port so hard to plug into?

Thanks!
    You're joking, right? You're complaining about a bit of force require to place the connector or to ensure its oriented properly? Either you're new to Palm/HP HW or your challenged in some way. That's really reaching to find fault. Its small and takes care in connecting. Most micro-USB require that level of care.
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisOS2 View Post
    You're joking, right? You're complaining about a bit of force require to place the connector or to ensure its oriented properly? Either you're new to Palm/HP HW or your challenged in some way. That's really reaching to find fault. Its small and takes care in connecting. Most micro-USB require that level of care.
    I agree with OP. The complaint is not about the force but about the alignment. I have plugged in many micro-USB ports in the past and the TP is the first one that gives me problems. With others, once oriented correctly, I can blindly slide it in. However, on the TP, the connector has to be almost perfectly perpendicularly aligned for it to slide in. For something that is used so often HP should have done a better job.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingster View Post
    I agree with OP. The complaint is not about the force but about the alignment. I have plugged in many micro-USB ports in the past and the TP is the first one that gives me problems. With others, once oriented correctly, I can blindly slide it in. However, on the TP, the connector has to be almost perfectly perpendicularly aligned for it to slide in. For something that is used so often HP should have done a better job.
    Same here. With my phone (and with my wife's Pixi), I can blindly plug it in.

With the TouchPad, I have to flip on a light and make sure everything is oriented correctly (think Death Star exhaust port) before plugging it in.

Other times, it just goes in no problem.

edit: When I look closely at mine, the opening in the case overlaps part of the metal micro-USB port. It looks like it's such that, you can have it lined up fine to get in the plastic part, but it won't go in the metal part without some prior adjusting. Mine is not angled, it's just not even with each other.
    Get an OEM micro USB cable made by Samsung. I use the one from my Captivate, and it's a night and day difference.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast