Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    have to get it exactly right or it plugs in and doesn't charge. my wife was trying to charge it and was like I don't know what's wrong, I don't think I broke it . I pulled it out, put it back and charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimerGod View Post
    Get an OEM micro USB cable made by Samsung. I use the one from my Captivate, and it's a night and day difference.
    Good call. The one that came with my Moto Droid works fine. I can't do it blindly, but I also don't have to have everything lined up perfectly either. And it has the little hooks on it.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I agree. I have plugged-in so many microusbs in my life and this is the first time plugging it that gives me the chills. I feel like its going to break.

Do other non-HP microUSB cables do the same thing?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    I agree. I have plugged-in so many microusbs in my life and this is the first time plugging it that gives me the chills. I feel like its going to break.

Do other non-HP microUSB cables do the same thing?
    I can plug in the micro-US Bcable into my phone and ereader with my
    eyes closed...(or had one too many beers )

not so on the Touchpad...

I have micro-USB cables that came with my Samsung Galaxy SII phone,
    Amazon Kindle reader, and other non-HP devices. I tried plugging them
    into the Touchpad. Some are better and some are worse....

I think the real culprit is the way HP designed the USB port on the Touchpad.
    It's too far inside, or perhaps the opening is too wide?
    I never had a problem with mine. Not all cables work tho.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    i don't get why they didn't use use a mini-USB. sure the micro is smaller but it's not like mini wouldn't work.. it's still small and more than enough space on the device for it. i really hate this plug type to be honest.

pretty soon we're going to have a needle-USB, requiring binoculars to plug in.
    I've found if you ply it with a few drinks first it will open right up.
    Bazinga!

On a serious note... I was just getting used to it when I got my folio case, and now it's darn near impossible. Can't wait for my touchstones to show up!
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    i don't get why they didn't use use a mini-USB. sure the micro is smaller but it's not like mini wouldn't work.. it's still small and more than enough space on the device for it. i really hate this plug type to be honest.

pretty soon we're going to have a needle-USB, requiring binoculars to plug in.
    "Section 1.3: Cell phone and Portable Devices have become so thin that the current Mini-USB does not fit well within the constraints of future designs. Additional requirements for a more rugged connector that will have durability past 10,000 cycles and still meet the USB 2.0 specification for mechanical and electrical performance was also a consideration. The Mini-USB could not be modified and remain backward compatible to the existing connector as defined in the USB OTG specification."

Universal Serial Bus
    Micro-USB Cables and Connectors
    Specification
    Revision 1.01
    April 4, 2007
    Last edited by gott_sei_dank; 09/06/2011 at 03:20 PM.
    I've never destroyed a piece of equipment, but I've managed to destroy the usb cord that came with my touchpad. It won't charge anymore. I had an extra one from my pre, and have been using that with no issues. They shouldn't be any different, but I haven't had any issues since.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    hmmm....my first cable is loose and requires me to prop the touchpad on something in order to charge. I used the cable from a touchpad I purchased for a gift, and it WAS charging fine until last night. It seems I have it plugged in correctly but it is not charging! HELP!!!!!
    Never had a problem with my port or cable. Goes in just fine. Never use it though, touchstone ftw! Worth every penny.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimerGod View Post
    Get an OEM micro USB cable made by Samsung. I use the one from my Captivate, and it's a night and day difference.
    Thanks for this tip. Just ordered a cable from Amazon for $1.64 with free shipping. Will try it and see how it goes.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12