1.    #1  
    Hi all

I just got my Touchpad and I am in the process of overclocking it to 1.5Ghz but I can't seem to download Uberkernel with WebOsQuickInstall. I got Govnah but can't seem to find Uberkernel anywhere with the WebOSquickInstall app.

Is the Uberkernel app down or something?

Thahnks

Tom
    From WebOSQuickInstall, install a program called "Preware"

Preware will then let you download all homebrew patches/apps/kernels/etc straight from your Touchpad. That's where you will find Uberkernal.
    Install Preware and then use it to install Uberkernel. It's there, and today I've downloaded new *-36 one from the testing feed.
    When I bought my Maemo-linux powered N900, its future was doomed.
    When I bought my WebOS powered Touchpad, its future was uncertain.
    IAmA multitasking necrophile!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Once you are in Preware, click on Available Packages, then click on Kernel, then click on Stable, then click on UberKernel (TouchPad). You are on your way. Enjoy.
  5.    #5  
    I already have Preware installed and already gotten Govnah from it. But when I search for Uber or Uberkernel but got "No Package Found" And nothing under Kernel -> Stable either.

when I search for Preware, nothing show up either. But when I search for Agenda, I get Agenda and No Agenda app.

---------------------------
    Ok. I will wait for my wireless router to come and try to get Uberkernel on the touchpad.

thanks
    Last edited by TomPad; 09/05/2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Open Preware. Once open, swipe down the top left menu and select "Update Feeds" then try Available Packages>Kernel>Stable. It should be there. If not, then you have something bad going on. Make sure your Preware is the latest as well (v1.7.3 is the latest, I believe).
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I don't mean to hijack thread here, but am I supposed to set the min clock to 1.5 as well, or just leave it like 192 and max 1.5 in Govnah settings?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmturbo View Post
    I don't mean to hijack thread here, but am I supposed to set the min clock to 1.5 as well, or just leave it like 192 and max 1.5 in Govnah settings?
    There is no reason to set the min freq to 1.5. You might gain a minor boost in processing power, but your battery will suffer. The processor is designed to scale as needed, and I would suggest leaving it that way.

I read somewhere here that even though it says 192, the minimum is actually ~400. Not sure if that's just with the F15C kernel or the hardware in general though.
    Open preware, tap on "list of everything", then scroll down until you see uberkernal (touchpad)
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I do not see any other kernels except Uberkernel. Where does one find F15C kernel?
    Thats in the testing feeds
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    So do I need to Add the feeds? I thought I looked everywhere. Also, is CPU2 supposed to show a speed in Govnah, it appears there is no way to set it? Or is it automatic

BTW, thanks for being so helpful to us Newbies. It makes us feel welcome here
    Make sure you update the OS to 3.0.2 as well.
    For anyone who isn't finding it in Preware, make sure you update your OS to 3.0.2. You might have to do a manual update search from the Settings tab and then System Updates. Once you do that and restart (providing that you aren't updated already) then go into Preware and try a manual feed update. If you still don't see anything, you might want to remove and re-install preware. One of the guys I work with had a problem with Preware in that it didn't update the default feeds properly until he removed it and re-installed it.
    Long live webOS!