Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have another data point. Constant dropouts with a netgear wnr2000. Was planning to upgrade prior to the tp buy anyways. Bought a linksys e2000 running latest fw and not one drop. Just added an asus rt-n13 as a repeater in the mix and no problems.
    and the netgear did work if I set the speed to 54mbs (I'm guessing this is b/g mode) but that was not an acceptable answer.
    There is some possible truth to this. Some problems could very well be coming from routers. Also it could be other factors such as environment if people have a lot of other wireless hotspots around them.

I did some looking into the D-link DIR-655 and found that wireless drops have been a problem with that particular model using 802.11n for quite some time with other devices. A lot of it stems from their latest firmwares(1.3x+) being extremely buggy which is why I personally wont update mine past 1.21. Had been using 1.11 which has been very stable for quite some time on my own DIR-655 before upgrading to 1.21 recently.
    Last edited by crucialcolin; 09/14/2011 at 07:39 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12