Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    For the past few days I am unable to do a search in the address bar of web browser like I used to. Whenever I launched the web browser and the globe popped up with the keyboard I could do my search there and it would use Google as the search engine. Now I can't do that at the start or any other time when I'm in the browser. I type a search term in the address bar and hit Enter, but nothing happenings any more.

Is there a setting that somehow got turned off or what? Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
    when the web browser is open, in the top left corner select Web and then preferences and check to see what the default search is set to. If it is Google try and select something else, apply it and test if that works then set it back.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra View Post
    when the web browser is open, in the top left corner select Web and then preferences and check to see what the default search is set to. If it is Google try and select something else, apply it and test if that works then set it back.
    It is empty and when I click on the drop down error next to it I get nothing to select from except a small box that pops up and disappears. I can't seem to set it to anything. Am I missing something here or what to be able to set this setting?

I see that Google is the default for just type search on homescreen, but not able to set it as the default in the web browser preferences. Are you able to select on that screen under the preferences option of the web browser?
    Last edited by joeym74; 09/05/2011 at 07:36 PM.
    ok replicated the behaviour by turning off the "Search Using" option under the "Just type" settings. Check if it's enabled on your end.
    I'm seeing the problem intermittently. About half the time it gives me the option to do a Google search, and half the time it doesn't work. Very annoying.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    I have the same exact issue. So annoying and only fix is either Luna device restart. Any fix yet?
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demotic View Post
    I have the same exact issue. So annoying and only fix is either Luna device restart. Any fix yet?
    I have Advanced browser and it happens much less because I always open a new tab
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.