1.    #1  
    I have my TP OCd to 1.5GHz. Fresh Boot .. memory usage is ~380MB. Within 2 hours of use (opening / closing apps) ... the memory usage is ~670MB ... with no apps running.

The other day I tried to open Adobe PDF reader and the OS said (paraphrasing) 'to close open cards' ... except I had no other cards open. That triggered this whole 'memory monitoring' project.

Definitely appears to be a significant memory leak ... since we are talking memory usage bloat within a matter of hours.
    in preware there is an app called stop that will help you clean out straggler. Definitely some memory leaks in there.
    I think that it is because of caching the application you opened. Reboot the device and open e-mail and close it and open again. The first time it will take some times to open. But, the second time, there is no waiting. I believe that webOS will hold the cache until other application ask more memory.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguyz11 View Post
    I think that it is because of caching the application you opened. Reboot the device and open e-mail and close it and open again. The first time it will take some times to open. But, the second time, there is no waiting. I believe that webOS will hold the cache until other application ask more memory.
    That would make sense ... but cannot explain that incident where it complained about low memory when no cards were open.
    The relevant homebrew app is called jstop. {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    in preware there is an app called stop that will help you clean out straggler. Definitely some memory leaks in there.
    you mean jstop right?
    for me its still not enough, it might let me open another card but that's it

Quote Originally Posted by coolguyz11 View Post
    webOS should still clean itself after closing an app though (which it does somewhat looking at top before and after)

if you look up webappmgr leak there are posts on the palm dev forums about this
    basically all you can do is restart it... (for me restarting Luna is more than enough )