1.    #1  
    I've only had my Touchpad 6 days but I'm certain that the battery is draining even when it's turned off. I've been making a not of the battery percentage before turning it off.

By turn off I mean hold down the power button for 5 seconds and then select Shutdown from the menu that comes up. Does that actually full shut the TouchPad down? It seems like it does given the time it takes to start up again.
    Last edited by MonkeyPad; 09/05/2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: typos
    It's a full shutdown. We had reports of draining while (real) shutdown on older devices as well. I haven't noticed a huge drain on my devices. Maybe some mAh per day.
    Could be normal self drain or the power necessary for waiting for the power button press.
  3.    #3  
    How many 'mAh per day' is 'some'?. I told it to shutdown at 10pm last night with battery on 12%. Made sure it was really shutdown, or it didn't respond to the screen or tapping the power button anyway. I pick it up 21 hours later and when I hold the power button all I get is a picture of a plug.

Maybe I'll look in to this Preware stuff and try and get at /var/log/whatever, see if there's any clue there.
    I haven't measure it. 12% is kind of low. Device will not boot up if % is to low, but I don't know what is the charge necessary.
    You will not find anything in /var/log/messages, since the device was shutdown and nothing is logging into it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    You will not find anything in /var/log/messages, since the device was shutdown and nothing is logging into it.
    Assuming that it is actually completely shutdown.

But if it wasn't completely shutdown then it wouldn't take so long to start up. If it hadn't shutdown properly and was still actually on but there was no visible sign of it being on then it wouldn't start up again later. So yeah, there seems little point looking at the logs. I might anyway though, just for giggles.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    You should go into the WiFi settings and turn off WiFi when the device is off. That will get rid of most of the battery drain.
    Mike
    Sidetop Software
    http://www.sidetop.com
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhoepfin View Post
    You should go into the WiFi settings and turn off WiFi when the device is off. That will get rid of most of the battery drain.
    I left it charging over night then this morning unplugged it, enabled Aeroplane Mode and told it to Shutdown. Ten hours later I've turned it on and it's got 100% charge. Which is nice. So hopefully that's the solution to my problem.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    airplane mode shuts off all the wifi and updates so yeah should be little battery drain
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.