1.    #1  
    I searched the forums but I can't seem to find anything on this. My work requires me to enter everything in a secure web based program that is only accessible through internet explorer. Is there any way that I can access IE or IE mobile on the Touchpad?

Thank you!
    nope
    Sorry, but no.
    Sorry bud, you bought a WebOS device. Internet "Exploder" is designed to run on Microsoft Windows only. I guess if you had a paid Citrix Account and server you could deliver the app in real time like they showed on all their youtube videos, but otherwise there's no IE for WebOS.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Splashtop Remote Desktop app is said to be coming soon for Touchpad, you can remotely connect to a PC with it using that software when it's out.
    It might take a bit of effort, but first you'd need to install ubuntu or debian chroot for touchpad. After setting up a desktop you could use wine and ies4linux to install ies 5 - 6 - 7. Might take a lot of effort. And for the naysayers, wine has been ported to ARM! ARM - The Official Wine Wiki
  7.    #7  
    I bought the touchpad for a couple of reasons. One, I really enjoyed the webOS software when I had a Palm Pre and two, it was the most tablet that I could afford on my social worker salary(after the firesale). I know that IE won't run natively on the touchpad but I had hoped that there could be some sort of work around, possibly by using a User Agent Switcher or some other sort of IE spoofing.

I've heard of Splashtop, do I need a static IP address for that or can I connect to my home computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by geniek View Post
    I searched the forums but I can't seem to find anything on this. My work requires me to enter everything in a secure web based program that is only accessible through internet explorer. Is there any way that I can access IE or IE mobile on the Touchpad?

Thank you!
    Secure and Internet Explorer in the same sentence? Now there's a first...
  9.    #9  
    I do realize the contradiction in terms, lol. In this case I mean secure as in https. I have no idea how actually "secure" the site is.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    If it requires IE then it probably uses ActiveX, which won't work in Wine I believe.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  11.    #11  
    I think it does use ActiveX (not 100% sure though). It sounds like my best bet might be Splashtop.