Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 9KRacing
  • 1 Post By 9KRacing
  1.    #1  
    It didn't really hit me at first. I overclocked my HP TP to 1.5Ghz using all the methods described here on the forums when I first got it. I have it set to network time via Wi-Fi, and when I've been waking up in the morning the clock was fast compared to my phone (By like an hour). So I manually set it and it is still fast. I assume it's the overclock, but I am not really familiar with how they affect each other, I just know it's a possibility. I didn't see any threads regarding this issue, so I'm hoping I can get some help? Thanks so much, if there is a thread I missed that is already open, please forward me there.
  2. #2  
    Heh
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Heh
    Well that was informative.
  4. #4  
    Overclocking has nothing to do with your internal clock. Are you sure your daylight savings times are correct?
    fxspec06 likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Overclocking has nothing to do with your internal clock. Are you sure your daylight savings times are correct?
    Well it was obvious that's what your "Heh" comment was about. The only reason I beg to differ is because I had this issue on a PC. Turned out the overclock somehow affected the internal clock every time I shut down the computer. It could be completely unrelated in this instance, but it was my best deduction for this issue. None of the other patches I installed remotely make sense as to why the clock would be fast. (And the TP was fine BEFORE I overclocked).

    So to answer your question, yes, I checked my Data & Time multiple times and it is running in my correct time zone. I tried using Network Time ON and OFF and both ways it is incorrect. If I turn it OFF and then back ON it resets and corrects itself. But if I put it on my dock idle overnight, it will be wrong in the morning. If it is OFF and I leave it idle for awhile, it will be fast. Which doesn't make sense. If it's not correcting itself and syncing via the internet, it should be fine. And it's not fast by a perfect hour, either, or I would've suspected otherwise.
  6. #6  
    I see you found my thread on this issue. I have not overclocked my TP but am still experiencing the time drift. Have not been able to figure any possible causation out yet.
  7. #7  
    Hrmm interesting. Sorry I chuckled, but ya, the processor's max speed has nothing to do with the clock. You must have some other isssue.

    There's realistically no way for your FSB to "speed up" your clock, either on your PC, or on the Touchpad.
    fxspec06 likes this.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Hrmm interesting. Sorry I chuckled, but ya, the processor's max speed has nothing to do with the clock. You must have some other isssue.

    There's realistically no way for your FSB to "speed up" your clock, either on your PC, or on the Touchpad.
    All good. I think it's a really weird issue. And I can't be the only one! Tons of users here at these forums and beyond familiar with Preware are overclocking so I'm sure it would've come up somewhere if it was a sure bug.

    If it was JUST when I had Network Time ON, then I would think it's syncing incorrectly, the servers are spitting back wrong information, my wi-fi is intermittent, something like that. But the fact that it happens when it's OFF just doesn't make sense.
  9. jetking2's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #9  
    This has happened to me twice. Its very strange. I got it to correct itself by putting it to sleep and then waking it up. I'm not really worried about it unless it starts happening a lot.
  10. #10  
    never happened to me even with over clocking with F4 and F15C
  11. #11  
    if overclocking 'sped up' your clock, then how do you explain why it wasn't slowing down your clock when the processor slowed down? which would happen when the screen shuts off.. when you're not runnnig many apps etc..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    if overclocking 'sped up' your clock, then how do you explain why it wasn't slowing down your clock when the processor slowed down? which would happen when the screen shuts off.. when you're not runnnig many apps etc..
    I don't know, I didn't say I was an expert at this. Again, I said that I experienced this before when overclocking an older PC on XP. I correlated the two. I'm trying to figure out the reason why this is happening, the overclock seemed to be the culprit since it was one of the only patches I installed that seemed it might have an affect.

    I guess another detail would be that I didn't seem to notice it when I'm using the TP. It's only when it's idle, lets say in exhibition mode. Again, I'll leave it idle overnight and in the morning it's wrong.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Bledsoejr View Post
    It didn't really hit me at first. I overclocked my HP TP to 1.5Ghz using all the methods described here on the forums when I first got it. I have it set to network time via Wi-Fi, and when I've been waking up in the morning the clock was fast compared to my phone (By like an hour). So I manually set it and it is still fast. I assume it's the overclock, but I am not really familiar with how they affect each other, I just know it's a possibility. I didn't see any threads regarding this issue, so I'm hoping I can get some help? Thanks so much, if there is a thread I missed that is already open, please forward me there.
    I have exactly the same problem... 10 minutes per day. Unit is on standby overnite, occurs whether or not it's docked to the touchstone.
  14. #14  
    Your touchpad appears to be creating a small time dilation field.
  15. #15  
    i had this happen once, found it was caused by the network time setting, turned it off and havent had the problem once after that.

    happened on my pre3 as well, so did the same, again no issues after.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    Your touchpad appears to be creating a small time dilation field.
    Really ??
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i had this happen once, found it was caused by the network time setting, turned it off and havent had the problem once after that.

    happened on my pre3 as well, so did the same, again no issues after.
    I have this problem whether Nework Time Setting is ON or OFF...

Posting Permissions