1.    #1  
    I just want to tell about my own half-scientific experiment.
    with my touchpad I had video call issues just like some of you have experienced. Skype call is fine if you are using without video, but once you click that video button than for about half second you see your video and than whole program crashes.
    I tried every possible scenarios.
    1- my touchpad to ipad= no video call & vice versa (ipad to touchpad)
    2- my touchpad macbook pro = no video & vice versa
    3- my touchpad to win 7= no video & vice versa
    4- my touchpad to my girlfriend's touchpad = no video
    all of my computers have up to date skype and I tried all setups with 3.0 and 3.0.2 as well. It took really quite some time
    anyway now here is the fun part.

1)my girlfriend's touchpad to ipad = voila video call is working fine with both softwares (3.0 and 3.0.2)
    2)my girlfriend's touchpad to macbook pro&win 7 are also working fine.

conclusion : my touchpad goes back to HP I think it's indeed a hardware problem, and I hope this can help some of you too.
    Last edited by levoresume; 09/05/2011 at 10:30 AM.
    We have 3 touchpads in the family.

1. Any Touchpad to any Touchpad - all ok.
    2. Any Touchpad to Windows 7 - all ok.
    3. Any Touchpad to Android Phone (HTC Desire running Gingerbread) - all ok.

However, it is VERY bandwidth sensitive. I have lots of bandwidth and the video breaks down and freezes given half a chance.

Martin
    I too have a video issue but only with low bandwidth.

Did you try the test of yours and your GF's in the same location?
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  4.    #4  
    Yes they were in same room. My problem is not related about video breakdowns because there is no video call i can't even turn on the camera.
    One of the reasons I just got my gf a Touchpad from yesterdays Firesale was for us to be able to Video Skype when she is in Taiwan for a month next year. Should I even try to do Touchpad to Touchpad or would Computer to Computer or Computer to iPhone be best?
    I'm with mlines and Finally Pre. I have had no trouble with TouchPad to TouchPad or TouchPad to PC Skype calls, except for low bandwidth problems. But even when the video drops out, it always seems to come back on again.

Do you have a high-speed Internet connection, at least a megabit?
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    man I am SOOOO ignorant when it comes to tech stuff hahaha. All I know is that I have Comcast's "Blast Speed" internet, which they told me was faster than the previous Comcast internet service I had. I am not sure of the type of connection or wifi access my GF will have in Taiwan. Is video Skyping not recommended over 3G (like to her iPhone?)
    Quote Originally Posted by godzillinois View Post
    man I am SOOOO ignorant when it comes to tech stuff hahaha. All I know is that I have Comcast's "Blast Speed" internet, which they told me was faster than the previous Comcast internet service I had. I am not sure of the type of connection or wifi access my GF will have in Taiwan. Is video Skyping not recommended over 3G (like to her iPhone?)
    Start by making sure your WIFI is setup w/ wpa2 protection, if you are using anything but it will cause issues with speeds. Always keep in mind when wireless you are limited to your routers bandwidth, which has nothing to do w/ your cable connect most of the time. Do you have a G router or a G and N is it dual band? So many choices to increase your 'intranet' (internal network) speed. If your issues are internal it doesn't matter how fast your inet is you will have problems. Also keep in mind if the other person is on a slower connect it maybe their bandwidth causing issues at times.

I use skype to TP's PC's and even ipod touches w/ no issues.
    There seem to be multiple issues with the Skype Video App for Touchpad. Depending on who you talk to, you hear a different story. Not sure who is looking at these issues (HP/OpenSource community ...), but unless someone takes ownership of it & looks at these issues, these complaints will continue.

I got a 16Gb Touchpad Sep/Oct 2011 timeframe. Browser/Email/YouTube Apps etc. all work fine. Skype Voice works - crystal clear. BUT on clicking the 'Video' icon, i see Video for about 10 seconds and then Skype freezes - i have to Reboot the Touchpad to be able to even use the Skype App again. I did a WebOS update - still no resolution. The Skype App came pre-installed with the Touchpad - i don't see any updates etc. in the HP AppStore.

However, Skype Video worked on the Touchpad when i tried this in the US. The above issue happened outside the US (in India). I tried to chat with folks there as well as here in the US. The Internet connection i had there was ~4 Mbps - i tested speeds (both wireline & wireless) from the modem/router to my Laptop and ensured this. The YouTube App (streaming video) works fine on the Touchpad - just not Skype Video. There is 1 other person i know having a similar issue & another who said he could use Skype Video just fine (from India).

So i don't think it has anything to do with the Internet connection. Maybe it has something to do with the Touchpad Hardware itself (bcos the Skype App we are all using is the same) ... ? But if the Touchpad Hardware is the problem, not sure how all the other Apps on the Touchpad work fine ... At this point i'm just not sure.
    I had issues with bad video and buggy performance in Sept. I do not know whether it was my upgraded bandwidth or a software update, but it has been working flawlessly for the past two months. clear visual and good audio. This was TP to Mac Skype.