Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    This may be a dumb question, but I cannot correlate the contacts between the TP and any of my email accounts. Lots of overlap, but also lots missing.

So, where does the Contacts app pick up the contacts list from? Anyone got a definitive answer?

regards

Alan
    What is your default account for contacts -- your Palm Profile (now called webOS account) or an email account such as Google? If it is an email account such as Google, your contacts should match whatever is in your email account. If it is your Palm Profile, it will be whatever contacts you have saved to that profile. Of course, your contacts can also contain names from more than one email account and also from social media such as facebook.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Its my HP Exchange account. I also have 2 IMAP email accounts. I don't have anything in my HP Palm profile.

I still can't match them across my TP and emails. Is there any definitive document which says "the TP gets contacts from ...."?

Alan
    How about the TouchPad users guide (see page 93):

http://www.hpwebos.com/us/support/ha...ouchPad_UG.pdf
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    OK - I think I've got it.

It's picked up my contacts from my Exchange account - and it's also picked up "suggested contacts" as well. Which is where I was getting confused.

Alan
    On a side note, anyone know if its possible to mass copy all of the google related contacts into the webos one?
    I am aiming for a kind of mobile me setup where hp holds my contacts and syncs them across my devices pre3 and touchpad add one to my pre and its on my pad etc, is this even possible?
    Thought that would be the point of the webos account but I'm not even going to think about manually copying them all :-)
  7. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rick1963 View Post
    On a side note, anyone know if its possible to mass copy all of the google related contacts into the webos one?
    I am aiming for a kind of mobile me setup where hp holds my contacts and syncs them across my devices pre3 and touchpad add one to my pre and its on my pad etc, is this even possible?
    Thought that would be the point of the webos account but I'm not even going to think about manually copying them all :-)
    The only way I can think of to do that is to have all of your contact info in the cloud usings services like google or windows live. You would have to add your contacts there first and they would then be available to your devices once you perform a sync. I'm not to sure about how it works when you add contacts to your palm profile and you have multiple devices. I know it does a one time sync when you setup the device using your profile, but don't know if it does automatic updates. I myself am waiting on either chapura or companion link to update there software to allow syncing with WebOS 3 so I can sync locally from my desktop outlook...I don't want my contacts accessible from the cloud.