Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes
    Its really turned out to be quite invaluable to me. It does everything that I want it to (email, photo sharing, document reader, boredom slayer) and runs great for me. Given my undergrad budget, were this thing to break on me, it would be a very long time until I could replace it.
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond_jigsaw View Post
    Its really turned out to be quite invaluable to me. It does everything that I want it to (email, photo sharing, document reader, boredom slayer) and runs great for me. Given my undergrad budget, were this thing to break on me, it would be a very long time until I could replace it.
    in the same boat this along with my ps3 (with linux..) and PSP is all I the electronics I have for me it would have to be replaced by a comparable tablet (the price for parts are already online...)

although I would miss it as this was my first tablet I have owned (my w7 tablet broke a few months after the warranty expired so that was that...)
    I wouldn't part with it.

They can try to knife me, I'm still going to stop them.
    ~$150, that what I was paying for after coupon and tax at HP. More than that, I can get an Android Acer at Amazon for ~$200 after discount about 2 weeks ago.
    I've got one from eBay all the way to New Zealand. There weren't that many over here and the few we had were snapped by store staff when it went on fire sale.
    Running my email, waiting for my Veer to pair with it and with a bit of luck someone upgrades the Citrix receiver so I can easily access my work stuff from home and edit documents.

So worth around 400-500 bucks for me.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    maybe, $599 so i could get the galaxy tab 10.1 32gb to replace it... (definitely if they find a way to port webOS to it
    I would sell my touchpad, 2 touchstones, case and Bluetooth keyboard for best offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Antiques are a special category subject to valuation - if you phoned your insurance company and said "I paid 89 for this tablet and have the receipt, I'd like to claim 400 for it", you'd have to wait for the laughter to stop before you could continue with your claim.
    But you can prove to the insurance company current value is more than what you paid.

Real life example:

Some years ago, my car was totaled in an accident caused by the other driver. The insurance only wanted to offer me $x,000 (I don't remember exact numbers), which was less than what I felt was the value of the vehicle. I went to the classified section of the paper and looked up ads for the make/model/year/similar condition (mileage, etc...) as my car and submitted those ads to the insurance. They ended up paying me more money because I did my research and proved to them the value of the vehicle.

Since TouchPads are now discontinued and you can't (easily) obtain a replacement, the value is a lot more than $99/$149 (USD).

To answer the OP's question: If I had to give it a value for replacement (dropped, stolen) then it would have to be at least $400 judging by ads on CraigsList.
    I am so tied to it now, I don't think you could buy it from me. I would have to have an iPad2 with full accessory package and ~$100 in apps, and an iPhone4 to go with it; at least.

Why, because I own a pre2 and it's sharing the profile, and there are synergy things I don't want to give up. Because the sound it better imo. Because I can view flash sites, because I can edit real docs w/o google docs. And, because I want an open OS.

So, the value to me is higher. But i might replace it for the right amount of iDevices. might!
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    I would value it at whatever I can get a new one from ebay. Probably around $235 dollars. But once Android hits on it it will probably go up in value a little. Maybe $300.
  11.    #51  
    I think my point was this...

We know there won't be any more Touchpads soon. Quite a few people are going to find that they cannot get a replacement Touchpad. They will have to look for an alternative. Imagine that someone that had broken their Touchpad and asked if they could buy yours. They asked you to name your price. They were your best friend, and they needed it to work, otherwise their company would sack them, they wouldn't be able to pay the mortgage payments and would be cast out onto the street (although their job pays really well, much better than yours).

How much would you ask for it?
    Problem is I'm really like webOS and no other device has that atmo if ever again. If I had to accept money for it I'd ask for the cost of a suitable replacement, iPad3 price kinda thing.
    $499 because that's how much I would have to spend to get an similar/equivalent tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    If your insurance policy is written for replacement value, and since the TouchPad is irreplaceable now, I think you'd be able to claim the value for a similar tablet for insurance purposes. That would probably be somewhere between $350-$600 depending on model and prices at the time of the claim.

I'd think about selling for $500, and any higher offers would obviously be more tempting.
    This, replacement value is determined by insurance company first. They will give you their determined replacement value, if you choose to keep the cash, that's what you get, if it costs you more to replace, you then furnish the receipt and they will give you the different to the actual replacement cost.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I would probably pay around 300$ for this device. I'm very happy to have gotten it for 150$
    i value my 32gb at $150....

Depending on future support:
    1) if it gets a stable and speedy ice cream sandwich on it, then $250
    2) if HP gets much much wider number of apps and keeps regularly updating WebOS with performance updates, then also bump it up to $250
    DeadVim likes this.
    I got a new 32GB TP from the auction site because I missed the clearance sales, I paid $245 including shipping. Spent another $100 on touchstone, aCase, and keyboard. I wouldn't even consider less than $400.

Lee
    I love my touchpad so much. And I use it for school, and my business. So I would value at least $500. That's how I paid for it.
    with ubuntu chroot and xfce4, not even sell for 1000
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by sparced View Post
    i value my 32gb at $150....

Depending on future support:
    1) if it gets a stable and speedy ice cream sandwich on it, then $250
    2) if HP gets much much wider number of apps and keeps regularly updating WebOS with performance updates, then also bump it up to $250
    I'm sure lots of people will want to buy this off you for $150
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123