1.    #1  
    source: an email rootzwiki member developer "TecKnight" got from Cypress semiconductor the TouchPad OEM rep
    The KRYPTONITE project--Touchpad Hardware Subsystems and a kernel to match - Page 5

Interesting

"Betreff: WG: CY8CTMA395 Android Drivers
    Anlagen: CY_I2CDRIVER_v11.zip

Hi, xxx
    In fact before HP refreshing their webOS image, all HP touchpad TSP controller board were used Android to run the MFG procedure. Attached file is the latest TMA395 Android driver. The significant difference is that the HP touchpad TSP controller firmware has no bootloader support so when you want to bring up the device with this driver a little effort need be cost take care of this difference. This job has been done by HP software team before.

Best regards
    Luther"

and here is the touchscreen driver it seems
    Cypress Semiconductor
    Last edited by limitbreak; 09/05/2011 at 07:06 AM.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    That's not as surprising as it seems, the processor in the Touchpad was also used on a developer board ('dragonboard'???) that was used to try and sell it to other OEMs - I believe that ran android?
    I guess this is good news for the Android on Touchpad folk.
    This news, if true, merely indicates that 'the TouchPad was developed using individual parts of Android software while webOS 3, an almost complete rewrite, didn't have those specific parts yet so that hardware development could continue without having to wait for software development to catch up'.

The title of this thread appears completely misleading and wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    The title of this thread appears completely misleading and wrong.
    Indeed nothing to see here.
    <<title modified -- not a news article>>
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Plausible. I read somewhere that Rubi was never a fan of the TP hardware but was forced to shoehorn webOS into it regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    That's not as surprising as it seems, the processor in the Touchpad was also used on a developer board ('dragonboard'???) that was used to try and sell it to other OEMs - I believe that ran android?
    Judging by a video I saw yesterday, The answer must be yes. In the video the developer board is running a customised 3D android interface with a shark swimming around in the background.

I'll see if i can find it again and post the link.
    Not the same video but it looks like its the same day, and it's definitely android its running