1.    #1  
    Hi
    Can someone tell me how much free disk space I should have on a new 16g touchpad. After running it on webosdoctor it shows I have 13.6gb available. Thanx
    mine was about that too
  3.    #3  
    thanx wasn't sure I was playing around with some linux commands trying to install ubuntu wasn't sure if I made a file that I didn't delete
    That seems a little low for the 16gb model, but I dont doubt its true. I have the 32gb and dont remember exactly how much it came with free, but I have a few small files on it and still have 29.1gb left.
  5. k3u
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    That's because the of the OS, it's 16GB without any OS or ANYTHING on it. After a fresh install of webOS it will be a few less than advertised. This goes for all technologies such as the iPhone. It's also a 16GB but the software takes up about 2GB leaving me with only 12GB of free space.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    also 16gb isn't 16gb. Ever get a new hard drive and it's not exactly what it says? That's the formatting and the definitions/interpretations of bytes and megabytes and gigabytes. It's always going to read lower.

Also, as mentioned add to that the OS with native apps and you've got 13.6.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    also 16gb isn't 16gb. Ever get a new hard drive and it's not exactly what it says? That's the formatting and the definitions/interpretations of bytes and megabytes and gigabytes. It's always going to read lower.

Also, as mentioned add to that the OS with native apps and you've got 13.6.