1.    #1  
    What contact info can I use? On July 15th I purchased a 16GB TP for $450 from seller on ebay; the rest of the story you know. The seller and ebay have refused to compromise with me. I've tried contacting HP but get no where. Mainly due to the fact that all of the folks I've dealt with at HP, up to this point, have been too ignorant and uncaring to even try.

Granted I haven't contacted them recently since they instituted a refund program for European customers, so perhaps I can try again. I'm in the US but I have no other options now aside from just take the hundreds of dollars loss and never touch ebay or webos, not to mention HP, again. Whoopie, that'll really show'em.

If HP was willing to give a $50 credit to every webOS account with a registered TP and is now willing to do something similar with the refund program, why can't I be compensated just as most others seem to have been? I was willing to invest my money in webos and the touchpad in hopes it would go some where; I've been ripped off and don't feel it's unprecedented for HP to return some of my money. According to the refund program, it doesn't seem to matter from where I purchased the TP; it certainly didn't for the $50 credit.
    Suck it up. That's the price you pay for buying from an unauthorized seller. Be glad you got one at this point!
  3.    #3  
    great. thanks for the help, you've been too kind. I don't want the TP, it's useless to me now and I'm bitter about getting ripped off. I don't feel lucky at all. like I said, my request isn't unprecedented nor unwarranted.
    It's true, you're totally SOL on this one. The worst part is that the dealer will get the money back from HP and make a killing.
    I know this isn't what you want to hear, so you may think I'm not being helpful, but in all honesty, you need to move on and stop wasting your time. The truth is that you bought from an unauthorized retailer and you're completely SOL.

Why do you think the "authorized retailers" usually have higher prices? The best deal is never through them, but they rely on more than price to entice their buyers. That's the way it goes. You can't possibly expect HP to refund you when you bought an item on Ebay from some random third party. Heck, on July 15th I had the ability to buy a ton of 16gb tPads for $399, why you paid $450 I have no idea. But then I could have put up my tPads on Ebay for $450 and you could have bought one from me.

At that point, I'm just a seller on Ebay, I have no more obligation to you for anything. You agreed to a contract when you bought and the seller came through on their end.

Did your seller say in their listing "no refunds/returns" ?? If no, why can't you return it? If that is the case, well, why on earth would you buy from someone that doesn't stand behind what their selling?

Good luck, but that's why I'd never buy this kind of product from Ebay.
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
  6.    #6  
    I'm certainly never doing it again. the refund program and the $50 credit everyone got would seem to indicate that it doesn't matter from where I got the TP. Look at the qualifications and tell me for certain that HP won't honor some amount of refund to my bank account.

I just want the damn thing out of my life now, on to craigsljst it goes, for what little it's worth now.
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    I'm certainly never doing it again. the refund program and the $50 credit everyone got would seem to indicate that it doesn't matter from where I got the TP. Look at the qualifications and tell me for certain that HP won't honor some amount of refund to my bank account.

I just want the damn thing out of my life now, on to craigsljst it goes, for what little it's worth now.
    Have you only tried to return it, or have you tried asking HP or the seller to match the firesale pricing? That'd be your best bet. Then sell it for $99 if its barely used. I'd probably buy a barely used TouchPad for $99. I'm still planning on picking up a backup 32gb unit.
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
    I bought my TP from an authorized dealer for full price. When the fire sell happened, I contacted the seller to see if I could get the difference back. Because it was over their 14 day return policy, I am SOL on having mine at the low price. My TP does what's need it to do and it stills has the best OS out on the market. No one knew or even saw this coming from HP. Welcome to retail. I just bought a new TV and in 3 months it will be a lower price. No need to be bitter, it is what it is.
    great. thanks for the help, you've been too kind. I don't want the TP, it's useless to me now and I'm bitter about getting ripped off. I don't feel lucky at all. like I said, my request isn't unprecedented nor unwarranted.
    You didn't get ripped off. That is how much they were going for then. This was months ago right? Even apple only refunds up to 2 weeks prior from a price change.
    It's useless to you now? How is that? You paid $450 because you perceived value in it, then because the price drops later its useless? Sorry but that doesn't make much sense to me
  11.    #11  
    look, if the product wouldn't have been discontinued and the future of webs development in question; I would have never of brought it up. I would have thought, because of circumstances, the seller would have at least be willing to compromise with me in some way. she swears she can't send it back to HP for refund, well she didn't even ask.

never mind, we live in a less than friendly society and crap like this happens a lot, in various ways. i guess I was just hoping for some common human empathy from a some one at HP given the circumstances and precedent set. I'll return to being cynical about such prospects.