webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Bluetooth file transfer
Bluetooth file transfer

Old 09/04/2011, 09:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
c2q

Hi,

I wanted to know how i can transfer files via bluetooth to this thing. I tried using bluetooth file transfer in windows 7. Sent over an image file but it doesn't show up on the touchpad. The touchpad shows up as a bluetooth headset device on windows.

Help?
c2q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 09:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

how do i transfer files over blutooth from PC to touchpad? if i pair my laptop, it shows as greyed out on touchpad...any suggestions?
metturr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I think the TouchPad does not support bt file Transfer.
NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
tonylmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2011, 02:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
I think the TouchPad does not support bt file Transfer.
Windows 7 successfully transfers the file whatever it may be but then doesnt show up in Touchpad. I used Internalz Pro to browse the TP drive but nothing. Any ideas?
badsubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2011, 02:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Look into /tmp folder on your Touchpad.
mivoligo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2011, 02:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
Look into /tmp folder on your Touchpad.
Thank you so very much. Thats it!!! But is there anyway to change the location of these transfers...Im guessing not but doesnt hurt to ask
Old 10/21/2011, 02:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsubby View Post
Thank you so very much. Thats it!!! But is there anyway to change the location of these transfers...Im guessing not but doesnt hurt to ask
I'm also hoping for some skilled developer to make a small app for that. Something when you get BT transfer it'd show up and ask what to do with the file, where to save it. Not to mention ability to send files from webOS devises would be nice.
mivoligo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2011, 03:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
I'm also hoping for some skilled developer to make a small app for that. Something when you get BT transfer it'd show up and ask what to do with the file, where to save it. Not to mention ability to send files from webOS devises would be nice.
Right I agree with just like windows give a prompt.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0