Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I read here a while ago about some wal-marts who were selling off their demo TPs, at the time I went to all the wal-marts within about an hour of me, but they were all gone.

But my parents live in a tiny town (visiting for Labor day) and I happened to be at the wal-mart last night and they had a demo unit! It was about 9:30pm and the electronics manager had gone home already. They said they couldn't sell it to me without his approval, and I'd have to come back Monday. They also said that they thought they were probably sending it back to HP anyways so it wouldn't be worth my time to come back.

So I went to the customer service desk and asked for the store manager there. Whoever was in charge finally came, and I asked her about it. She made a call and then told me I could have it for $90!

It took just about forever to get the security thing off of the back, but they finally did it and I got it home. I plugged it in and when I got it on, it saw that it was a 32GB one! I doctored it and used impostah to log into my profile.

So check the small towns next to you! This one had just been sitting there for the last few weeks!
    Congrats and enjoy your new toy! What a perfect timing to play with it during this long weekend............;o)
    rrratina likes this.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Demo units have no warranty though...is what i heard
    All the demo units I've seen around here are all beat to hell. I honestly would never buy one after seeing how people treat the demo units.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    All the demo units I've seen around here are all beat to hell. I honestly would never buy one after seeing how people treat the demo units.
    $90....Touchpad....or no Touchpad.....to each his own.
    He got a great deal. Don't rain on the guy's parade.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    great deal. I'm sure many would take a floor model at this point. I got 1 new from office depot. I begged them to sell me one of their floor models too but they wouldn't budge lol so you're lucky
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    It's a pretty small town. The back was a little scratched from the stand, but other than that it's in great shape. I cleaned it all up and you can hardly tell. According to HP's site I do have a warranty.

And to be honest I'll take what I can get at this point... I've ordered 7 touchpads and been cancelled on all of them. I'm just glad they still had one. I think it's a pretty decent deal for a 32GB one with minor scratches.
    Contrast and welcome to the fun. I'm typing this message on my 32GB touchpad w/ wireless keyboard which cost me more than yours and I doubt there will be any practical difference in the end. I have another card in the background downloading and tunein internet radio playing. I'm enjoying my purchase and am sure you will as well. Now go get some accessories dude, like maybe a cheap case from Verizon like I just did, of course, tipped off by both threads here and over on slickdeals.
    Well done I'm happy for you.
    Nice grab!
    One advantage of a demo/floor unit is it has been thoroughly "soak tested". Anything that is likely to break of go wrong would have. (ie case/speaker cracking, screen issues etc, etc)

So enjoy your purchase knowing that you are unlikely to have any problems, unlike those who get new boxed products
    kytprice likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    It's a pretty small town. The back was a little scratched from the stand, but other than that it's in great shape. I cleaned it all up and you can hardly tell. According to HP's site I do have a warranty.

And to be honest I'll take what I can get at this point... I've ordered 7 touchpads and been cancelled on all of them. I'm just glad they still had one. I think it's a pretty decent deal for a 32GB one with minor scratches.
    Congrats! And if it's a little beat up you won't feel badly if you accidentally ding it, right?

For $90 you got a great piece of tech gear. I knew nothing about TouchPads until I read they were being deeply discounted. I really like it and for Kindle reading, movie watching, email, and web surfing it's perfect.

Enjoy!
    all TPads have a warranty !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Nice one! Congrats!
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    nice! Now go install preware and patches and dont forget thanks to
    (cough cough donate) webOS internals for impostah
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post

That's it, if you really want one take what you can get. Congratulations, enjoy your new TouchPad!
    Congratulations on a great find. And kudos to that walmart manager who was willing to help you.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    I got one ordered from a Texas based business machine company a half hour ago. $160 shipped for a 32gb TP. My Paypal transaction was completed and item was no longer on the website right after my purchase. If you look up other items they show actual stock amounts. Looks promising but I'll believe it when it ships.

And nice find m0ngr31.
    Last edited by jameskelsey; 09/05/2011 at 10:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    what TX company is that???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast