Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    thanks James...hope yurs gets shipped!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty BK View Post
    thanks James...hope yurs gets shipped!
    Whats strange about this is I got the link from someone that lives in Canada and the UK on another tech site.
    Demo TP beats no TP. Good score!
    renck and whadzinaname like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskelsey View Post
    I cant seem to find Touchpads on that site. Remember the category?? I have 2 buds looking for one. thnx
    Quote Originally Posted by EAdams2010 View Post
    I cant seem to find Touchpads on that site. Remember the category?? I have 2 buds looking for one. thnx
    My original link shows a error page now.I might have gotten the last one because right after I bought mine the page changed then showed the error.

http://www.posglobal.com/FB356UT|ABA.html
    Awesome deal!

Contrast!
    Got a refund notice from paypal,at least they didn't hold my money for a week.
    See, stories like that I like, not quite a warm fuzzy feeling but least I'm not so hacked off about it all
    congrats on the pad , and yes they still have a warranty (like others have mentioned)
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    I read here a while ago about some wal-marts who were selling off their demo TPs, at the time I went to all the wal-marts within about an hour of me, but they were all gone.

But my parents live in a tiny town (visiting for Labor day) and I happened to be at the wal-mart last night and they had a demo unit! It was about 9:30pm and the electronics manager had gone home already. They said they couldn't sell it to me without his approval, and I'd have to come back Monday. They also said that they thought they were probably sending it back to HP anyways so it wouldn't be worth my time to come back.

So I went to the customer service desk and asked for the store manager there. Whoever was in charge finally came, and I asked her about it. She made a call and then told me I could have it for $90!

It took just about forever to get the security thing off of the back, but they finally did it and I got it home. I plugged it in and when I got it on, it saw that it was a 32GB one! I doctored it and used impostah to log into my profile.

So check the small towns next to you! This one had just been sitting there for the last few weeks!
    I love happy endings
    $90 for a 32GB TouchPad with some minor scratches here and there seems like a good deal to me! You got it for almost half off!
    that's awesome! Congrats!
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    great deal just got my 32gig for 157.28 from Buffett, I'd be happy paying 90 any day
    I thought some (if not all) Demo TP's were marked on the back- Demo Only/Not For Sale? At least that's what I saw at Best Buy Mobile. I thought they ran a demo program and were not real TP's inside? If they are "real" and can be doctored to standard, and even get a profile- WOW! Should have begged BBmobile to sell me one after they ran out of stock. I had it in my hand and assumed it was impossible.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post

So I went to the customer service desk and asked for the store manager there. Whoever was in charge finally came, and I asked her about it. She made a call and then told me I could have it for $90!

It took just about forever to get the security thing off of the back, but they finally did it and I got it home. I plugged it in and when I got it on, it saw that it was a 32GB one! I doctored it and used impostah to log into my profile.
    Awesome bro. I got a 32gig too. You got a great deal, forget all the nay sayers being negative you scored!
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Great find!! Congrats
    Good for you! That's an amazing deal - and worth a few scratches on the back. They won't affect functionality in the least.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    I thought some (if not all) Demo TP's were marked on the back- Demo Only/Not For Sale? At least that's what I saw at Best Buy Mobile. I thought they ran a demo program and were not real TP's inside? If they are "real" and can be doctored to standard, and even get a profile- WOW! Should have begged BBmobile to sell me one after they ran out of stock. I had it in my hand and assumed it was impossible.
    Nope, it's the real deal . It did have a sticker on the back, but it peeled off easily when I got it back home. The only difference is the serial number, so I just had to use impostah to activate my profile on it.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    nice! Now go install preware and patches and dont forget thanks to
    (cough cough donate) webOS internals for impostah
    Yeah, the webos-internals crew is pretty much the best ever. I've donated a few times in the past, and I'll keep doing it in the future. I have no problems donating to them!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast