Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Last week I went to bestbuy and they sold out of touchpads but in one of their storage cases i see touchpads outside their boxes a stack of 4 or 5 maybe their demo units or what I think it was the employees putting aside their ones. I asked a sales rep if I could buy one and he directed me to their sales lead in that section i asked him if i could get and he said they not for sale and said figuratively they are just piece of plastic i can give you one, then i questioned him on the words he said... and he was like I don't want to get into an argument with you if you dont leave i'mma call security on you to evict you so i left and called corporate to complain someone might be fired. question does bestbuy employees have the right to threaten me with security to have me leave just for questioning his words?
    No they don't. At that point you're best to go to the main desk and ask for the store manager or one of the dept. managers. They will deal with it on the spot. If they don't, then you call the corp offices.
    Technically, yes. The store is private property and they can tell you to leave at any time if they are so inclined. However, I doubt that one of the managers would have done so and probably would have got the lead in trouble if you talked to one of them.
    They can't sell the demo units, while they aren't a piece of plastic, they are HP property, and they are really locked down, and nearly useless without HP unlocking them.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    they can be bypassed just so you know !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    And if everything else fails and he's still working there with the same stupid attitude; wait for him at the end of his shift and kick his ****
    On second thought, please, no violence...but, it would feel good though!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    I would be livid if somebody told me and security made me leave just because they didn't want to talk with me. Of course it would probably end with with cops showing up for causing a disturbance outside lol
    Contrary to what many folks believe, bestbuy does not own the majority of their inventory. Its more akin to leasing. Agreements with manufacturers vary, but all reserve the right to recall their product. Many provide demo units that the store will not be able to sell as they are loaned, not owned. Originally HP recalled the touchpad, bestbuy likely did not want to lose the business and fought that recall, hence many ppl being turned away at first. Some units were still recalled and pulled from inventory. I can only guess to fulfill the mass of orders placed. Hope this somewhat clarifies the situation, doesn't excuse the rudeness though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MPian View Post
    it was his words though all i said was thats what you said and asked why he said that.
    I'm with you. I'm not saying it was "right" (from a customer service standpoint), but he does have the right to do it.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MPian View Post
    Last week I went to bestbuy and they sold out of touchpads but in one of their storage cases i see touchpads outside their boxes a stack of 4 or 5 maybe their demo units or what I think it was the employees putting aside their ones. I asked a sales rep if I could buy one and he directed me to their sales lead in that section i asked him if i could get and he said they not for sale and said figuratively they are just piece of plastic i can give you one, then i questioned him on the words he said... and he was like I don't want to get into an argument with you if you dont leave i'mma call security on you to evict you so i left and called corporate to complain someone might be fired. question does bestbuy employees have the right to threaten me with security to have me leave just for questioning his words?
    Lol .. I saw something like this but it was not touchpad related. I was at BestBuy (maybe 3 months ago, here at NJ) and was just walking around and I heard loud voices. So I went there and saw 4 people. 1 BB manager, 1 old woman with her daughter (maybe around 30's), 1 BB normal employee. I didn't know what the reason they were fighting but I believe it was about price matching. People started to notice those loud voice talking so the area got crowded. The BB manager was so eFFin RUDE!

I hear "NOW GET OUT OF MY STORE" .. "I don't care, just get out", "Well then SUE us, I dont care", "Call your lawyer friend, tell her goodluck" The woman was not even talking that loud. The loud voice was all the BB manager.

Probably, it was the fault of the woman (the daughter), but I saw the old woman (probably her mother) getting traumatized and was just pulling her daughter begging her to just get out.

What a PIG, that manager is! I don't care if she was wrong, he didn't have to shout.

Seriously, I was so shocked hearing that conversation. Even the people around there are shocked and I overheard one person saying, "poor lady".
    Last edited by keplenk; 09/04/2011 at 09:02 PM.
    Send an email to Brian Dunn, the CEO. His office will respond. Best Buy does not tolerate customer behavior like that.
    Depending what state u r in yes he can remove u. I. Az a rep or employee can ask anyone to leave a store.

sent from my thunderbolt
    I was at a Best Buy one day and someone was trying to buy some phone (sorry don't know which one), all of a sudden the starts cursing out the sales person. Saying "*** you talkin' 'bout Willis? There is one of those phones right there, now f&%#ing take my money and give me the phone! " Well, I started listening then... they were sold out and only had the demo unit left. The sales person did and awesome job trying to calm the customer down, but eventually security had to remove the guy.

My point is, that person could have said he was just asking why he couldn't buy the demo unit and the sales person blew up at him and called security. It's all viewpoint dependent.
    estebancam likes this.
    I was expecting something much more crazy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    They can't sell the demo units, while they aren't a piece of plastic, they are HP property, and they are really locked down, and nearly useless without HP unlocking them.
    Not sure if they are HP's property. A Best Buy employee whom I waited for in line with to get a firesale TP said they can't sell it b/c each TP cost Best Buy $500 a piece. A guy actually bought one from the store only to be told that he had to return it.
    Thought I'd share on here my crazy Best Buy story from last week. Went to my local BB to do pickup of a TP screen protector that I ordered from BB.com with pickup at the store. The guy in customer service goes in the back to get the product and comes out not with the TP screen protector but a TP. Someone there thought they needed to reserve me a TP from their shipment of 100 that I didn't know about coming in that morning. The guy in customer service realized the error but I quickly volunteered to pay for the unexpected TP. Score!

Couldn't score a TP from HP or B&N but scored one expected and one unexpected from BB!
    Has anyone not worked retail in here? LOL In another life (years ago) I worked as a dept mgr at a Best Buy in WI. A sales person cannot simply call security and ask you to leave if you are being calm. They have to bring management into the issue to find out what is going on first. Security can only take action if there is a major disturbance (vocal or physical), or theft. The salesperson has no power outside of being a jerk.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Well the truth on demos are that many are owned by the company that makes the product. For instance apple demos are owned by apple and they provide them and maintain them.

The big deal about the touch pads is best buy had the option to return them for full credit.

When HP told best buy to sell them at the fire sale price and they would make up the difference is when they then sold them.

Now if you are waiting on the last batch do not expect them for $99 and $149 thanks to ebay, which has shown what the market will bare.

I would expect to see them some where between 200 to $300
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Not sure if they are HP's property. A Best Buy employee whom I waited for in line with to get a firesale TP said they can't sell it b/c each TP cost Best Buy $500 a piece. A guy actually bought one from the store only to be told that he had to return it.
    I would love to see them TRY to force me to return something if I paid for it and had the receipt.
    Someone (or several someones) would learn a painful and embarrassing lesson.

And any salesperson or manager who doesn't do their utmost to sell anything they have in the store (including fixtures and demo models) - and do it with a great big smile on their face, doesn't deserve their job.
    I was expecting something more intense involving a physical altercation over a touchpad or something...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast