Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Has anyone not worked retail in here? LOL In another life (years ago) I worked as a dept mgr at a Best Buy in WI. A sales person cannot simply call security and ask you to leave if you are being calm. They have to bring management into the issue to find out what is going on first. Security can only take action if there is a major disturbance (vocal or physical), or theft. The salesperson has no power outside of being a jerk.
    He said it was a lead that he talked to. In many stores, including mine, leads have the authority to tell people to leave without management getting involved. It all just depends on how much authority each stores managers delegate to the leads.
    Funny story , a friend got arrested this weekend for trespassing . A while back he got into an argument with some employees from a hotel and he got evicted from the hotel , this weekend he went to the same hotel , the supervisor recognized him , called the cops and he was arrested for trespassing .
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    Send an email to Brian Dunn, the CEO. His office will respond. Best Buy does not tolerate customer behavior like that.
    I presume and hope you mean't employee behavior.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    speaking of Best Buy....

all of my local Best Buy stores have started requiring ID(driver's license, govt-issued ID)
    in order to return items. this new requirement is now printed on the sales receipt and
    started on 9/1. I don't blame them... but I think it was really silly when the return
    counter guy wanted to see my ID when I was returning a $1.39 item yesterday. I left
    my wallet in the car at the other end of the shopping center. The clerk and the manager
    said they couldn't process teh return unless I showed them my ID. Took me 10 minutes
    to go back to my car and come back(had to run because the store was closing)... made
    it back to Best Buy 2 minutes the doors closed... returned the $1.39 item... totally not
    worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MPian View Post
    Last week I went to bestbuy and they sold out of touchpads but in one of their storage cases i see touchpads outside their boxes a stack of 4 or 5 maybe their demo units or what I think it was the employees putting aside their ones. I asked a sales rep if I could buy one and he directed me to their sales lead in that section i asked him if i could get and he said they not for sale and said figuratively they are just piece of plastic i can give you one, then i questioned him on the words he said... and he was like I don't want to get into an argument with you if you dont leave i'mma call security on you to evict you so i left and called corporate to complain someone might be fired. question does bestbuy employees have the right to threaten me with security to have me leave just for questioning his words?
    what's crazy is your first sentence.
    Trekker likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    what's crazy is your first sentence.
    he/she probably type that whole thing on a touchpad because i also dont
    use !?,.()-/'$&" when i type on my touchpad because i have to hit the up
    arrow in order to do it instead of holding shift key like on a regular pc
    keyboard
    Reminds me of what happened here
    Global Posts
    807 Global Posts
    or, how about this one..what would you guys do if..

i was lucky enough to get the last two 32gb touch pads at a local best buy store (and, seemingly, the last of that entire stock of touch pads that is now sold out)..

as the person i was with and i purchased the last two (one each obviously), the people at the HP Touchpad desk (specifically put there to sell off the last of the inventory) had to repeatedly tell people that were sprinting, yes sprinting, into the store that they were all sold-out of touch pads and would no longer be carrying them..then strolls in this odd character - and a best buy employee comes over to the desk and pulls a touchpad out from behind the counter and gives it to him to purchase..it was his brother and he had saved one for him. the guy that was behind the counter and i exchanged an awkward glance bc he knew that i knew what just happened - he didn't seem to like it.

not only that - but, the best buy employee who had grabbed the touchpad from behind the counter went and grabbed another one that had, seemingly, already been paid for and bagged - and gave it to the security guys at the door and said, "..give this to my brother please (and pointed his brother out), he's going to take it home for me."

if you didn't understand my longwinded story - a best buy employee not only bought one of the last touch pads in the universe for himself, but also saved one for his brother..both of which, i am pretty sure, aren't allowed by best buy employees. i know i was super lucky to get two of them, but this really ****ed me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    but I think it was really silly when the return
    counter guy wanted to see my ID when I was returning a $1.39 item yesterday.
    Almost as silly as returning a $1.39 item. You probably spent more than that in gas just to get there.
    I found out about the last shipment my BB was getting. I showed up 3 hours before open to join a line of already 15 ppl. In that line were 2 BB employees. They told me their store manager is very weary of employees "saving" items for other people. They were told if they wanted a TP they would have to wait in line with everyone else and would receive no special because they were employees.

They also told me a store about 50 miles away had an altercation earlier that week because an employee had saved 4 TP's for friends to come in and pick
    up. Someone who had been waiting in line but did not get one noticed this, complained to the store manager, and was then sold one of the saved TP's, and then the manager fired the employee.

I guess it depends on the store manager and how they wish to run their store.
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    he/she probably type that whole thing on a touchpad because i also dont
    use !?,.()-/'$&" when i type on my touchpad because i have to hit the up
    arrow in order to do it instead of holding shift key like on a regular pc
    keyboard
    i see what you did there. funny. and it worked. I now have a headache. :-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12