Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By pcworld
  1.    #1  
    I've searched and searched and can't seem to find any FTP client app for the touchpad. There appears to be nothing apparently ftp-related in the preware appstore and the only threads I've seen are for works-in-progress (with no public betas) and months-old app requests.

I feel like I'm missing something because it appears that people are talking about remotely getting files for video players and comic readers. I can't fathom that people are plugging-in their touchpads every time they want to get a video from their PC.

Am I missing something? Is there some built-in touchpad FTP functionality that I don't know about?
    I was looking for a mass upload tool to work with certain sites or ftp an didn't find any, so I'm waiting for the android dual boot.

Many people are using the free box.net app with free 50GB storage available to access their files online. You can also do remote pc access.
    PCWorld made an FTP client for the Pre, not sure how it works on the Touchpad though.
    I'm still working on my FTP client, and release is coming sooner and sooner.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Dis, oklanole and ewalker101 like this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I'm still working on my FTP client, and release is coming sooner and sooner.
    Awesome. I am looking forward to this greatly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk Squad View Post
    Awesome. I am looking forward to this greatly.
    +1 on that, it'd really help
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Can't wait to see this PcWorld.
    Thanks for your interest all!
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    I have my money ready for this app. I'm using splashtop to do it remote, but it is pretty slow compared to somethin native.
    @spooledup7:
    I've planned to submit the app by this week.
    FTPit! is now officially available in the App Catalog: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-touchpad.html
    Last edited by pcworld; 11/13/2011 at 07:47 AM.