1.    #1  
    Hi, I have a very frustrating problem that I can't get my head around - I can not get any of the pictures on my TP to update or refresh at all.

If I add new folders of images they do not show up at all in the Palm TP image viewer (but do in Gemini) and if I change the folder names by plugging into USB storage then the TP doesn't reflect these changes at all - I have over 2K images on my TP with no problems at all but now it seems as if the (horrible) native viewer is just not refreshing it's library cache...ever, and I can't find the obvious 'refresh library' option that should be there.

Can anyone please shed any light on this? Thank you.
    You've got the very frustrating stuck Media Indexer. You can try the fix documented here.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    You've got the very frustrating stuck Media Indexer. You can try the fix documented here.
    Thank you for the reply and the link. I thought I was going mad there, nothing works any more...nothing. I tried all the methods and still nothing works.

Folders names are not refreshing when changed or deleted or moved, music that's been deleted is still showing up, new videos / music / photos don't show up at all. All in all, this is rubbish! I see people with this software issue dating back ages and Palm / HP still haven't fixed it, so I doubt they will bother to do anything now.

I'm at a dead end, the last thing I want to do is format the whole TP and start from fresh - only for it to happen again. If only we could delete the media library cache file and get it to rebuild it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchPadFan View Post
    Thank you for the reply and the link. I thought I was going mad there, nothing works any more...nothing. I tried all the methods and still nothing works.

Folders names are not refreshing when changed or deleted or moved, music that's been deleted is still showing up, new videos / music / photos don't show up at all. All in all, this is rubbish! I see people with this software issue dating back ages and Palm / HP still haven't fixed it, so I doubt they will bother to do anything now.

I'm at a dead end, the last thing I want to do is format the whole TP and start from fresh - only for it to happen again. If only we could delete the media library cache file and get it to rebuild it.
    Did you remove the filenotify.db3 file? That's as close as anyone has found thus far to forcing the system to reindex.
  5.    #5  
    Cheers - that didn't work completely, but helped get me some of the way

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ng-photos.html
    I've had this issue for ages and today I came to these understandings. 1) using any custom kernel except uber will not let the indexer work correctly and 2) having muffle system logging installed with stock or uber or any kernel will cause the indexer to not work correctly as well. Also I was having this weird issue where if I connected my touchpad to my computer it wouldn't show disconnect HP TOUCHPAD but would say disconnect WEBOS device. After unplugging the usb cable and putting it in another port and bypassing the OWW THAT HURT message and re-entering USB MODE and doing the safe removal the indexer came back to life and all of my pictures, and documents were showing properly. Now as for music that is an ongoing battle. So in short current set up that is working for me: Uber Kernel with muffle system logging uninstalled
    So before I installed preware and OC'ed, I used to be able to take pics with the camera app thats on the market and they would instantly pop up in the gallery. Now, pictures don't show up at all :/
    What could be the problem? I have removed the muffle patch, uninstalled the kernel and govnah and nothing. Why aren't my pics showing up in the gallery? I can see the pics once I connect the tp to the pc and in the Internalz app, just not in gallery, all I see are the default wallpapers.

Music as well, before I added 150 songs on there and they all played fine, once I installed preware and OC'ed, now only 18 of those songs work, but the other songs are still on there.

Please help me out guys lol.
    It's related to this issue: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...s-finally.html

The solution for that problem fixes pictures not showing up in gallery.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is related, but I have found that when transferring files using Bluetooth it puts the photos into /temp however the photo apt does not see them, nor does it see them if I transfer the file into a photo directory, unless I reboot.

However, transferring the photos to /media/download works. It takes a second or so but the photoapp will then detect them and allow you to transfer them into an album. No reboot required.

Something must be scanning the /media/downloads directory for new files.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    try moving your new photos to /media/downloads - that directory seems to be indexed on a continuous basis and after a few seconds you will see them in your photo app.
    <thread merged>
    I imagine you have "Muffle system logging" installed via preware. This is causing an indexing issue. Here are the steps to fix the media issue:

1) Uninstall "Muffle system logging" via preware, restart luna when it requests.
    2) Do TWO resets (holding power and home button)
    3) after second reset all pictures should display (and music and whatnot)

MUST DO TWO RESETS.

This worked for me, and its worked for multiple other people. You have to do two resets, i dont know why but i checked after first and it didnt show but after second it did.
    Or, simplest solution to this is to backup your media that is on your device and then go to Device Information and select reset options. Choose erase USB storage. Then reload your media.
    So, I think I found a good way how to solve this problem on the TouchPad.
    First of all, my problem was, that I deleted all my pictures but the albums were still in the photos app. The system told me the albums don't exist anymore, but it was still showing them in the cache.
    What I did:
    With Internalz Pro, naviguate to "/var/db/main".
    I just made a backup of the files "indexes.db" and "objects.db", then deleted them and perform a reset (Power+Menu).
    I took longer time to load the system, but my photo library was empty! Then I discovered, every "infos" (such as bookmark in Browser, Email account, calendar, etc) related to my account has been deleted.
    Looking in the /var/db/main order; both files have been freshly created! I guess the system build a new indexes database. Please note that all my apps are still working.
    So, with Internalz Pro, I recovered the previous files from the backup and start the TP again.
    All my accounts are back, and the photo apps is now up to date.
    I Think removing the .db files forced the system to actualize them.

PS: I have no idea if it works with the music too, because I haven't any mp3 files on my TP.