1.    #1  
    Ok I'm new to this and have been trying to do research on my options. I have a Windows 7 10" netbook and a HP Touchpad. I'm with Comcast for cable and internet 25meg, zip code 48363. TV tuner for my home PC looks unappealing because of the lack of channels to stream with ORB. Playon has a monthly fee but looks good for internet content,Hulu,Netflix and a lot more. Then Slingbox,looks good for cable but boxes aren't cheap and have seen a lot of complaints of dead hardware. I've done so much reading with many varied opinions from all over the internet that my head is ready to explode. Thought I would just post here and hope for some good advice on my options.
    Do you have your own media content on your computer? If you have ripped DVDs etc you can use Orb to watch your movies while your away. Your media would stream over web.
    you also can create a free 50gb box.net account from their touchpad app.
  4.    #4  
    Not much streaming of my own content.Mostly for either TV or Internet content,which ever is the best bang for the buck. I already have a box.net account setup. Not sure which way to go,it seems you either pay for hardware like slingbox,TV tuner card or pay for a service monthly like Playon.
    @OP Whatever you mentioned is Not pretianing to away from Home.

Away from home yoy can use the Internet to stream from Online services.

Unfortunately the TP is about one of the worse tablets for this purpose.

If you store media at home (like movies and Music etc.) then you can set an Orb to help you connect to your home server fropm remote and stream the media stored on your Home computer to your TP.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-FI View Post
    @OP Whatever you mentioned is Not pretianing to away from Home.

If you store media at home (like movies and Music etc.) then you can set an Orb to help you connect to your home server fropm remote and stream the media stored on your Home computer to your TP.

What about a Slingbox?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-FI View Post
    Home.

Steaming from online services seems pretty good with the app called "Video flood HD"

I haven't used hulu since I bought that app (~$2).
    For those people who purchased PlayOn before May of 2010 - which I think it was about $40 - the version you have is PlayOn Basic, which allows you to play Netflix, Hulu and a small number of other channels. The unfortunate thing is that the Basic version is no longer available. You will be grandfathered in if you purchased it before then, but now the only free version is PlayOn Lite. Here is a link for the description of PlayOn Basic: Take a look at what's on PlayOn Basic | PlayOn
    I don't think PlayOn will allow Hulu or Netflix on the Touchpad though which makes it not worth the money for the TP in my opinion. You're better off just using Videoflood to watch TBS or Comedy Central or whatever.
  10.    #10  
    Yea $5 a month for Playon to watch stuff only in your home is not a deal to me.If I'm home I'll watch Netflix on my plasma. ORB is fine if you have a large library of media. I'm wondering if Sling box has fixed their bulging cap issues yet? All tho it looks like a easy cheap fix if you can solder. Haven't tried Video Flood HD yet. Anyone familiar with Monsoon? Looks like a good deal here.

Micro Center - Monsoon Multimedia Vulkano Flow Multimedia Entertainment System 010410VF
    Jophiel, PlayOn does allow streaming of Netflix onto your Touchpad. I currently do so without any issues. I am not sure if it makes sense to sign up now and pay the monthly fee just for that, but if you are one of those people who was able to sign up for the basic version when it was around, it is a pretty decent way to watch movies on Netflix.
    just fyi, Orb can stream all your comcast channels with it's ability to control your set-top box. You're not restricted to the abilities of the tv tuner in your PC. You just need a USB IR blaster set up in orb and pointed at your box.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    just fyi, Orb can stream all your comcast channels with it's ability to control your set-top box. You're not restricted to the abilities of the tv tuner in your PC. You just need a USB IR blaster set up in orb and pointed at your box.
    How do you set that up? Do you have any links?