Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The touchpad will not turn on. When I try reset, a symbol of battery in low condition comes up followed by a symbol of a plug. Its charger is plugged in but no other response from unit. Help

Docsdad
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    did you let the battery drain completely? not a good idea.. anyway, try holding the power and home button for 10~ seconds. give it some time though.. won't power on until it has some energy. leave it plugged in while trying to power it on.
    Also... to charge your device make sure you are plugged into a wall outlet using the supplied adapter and not into a computer's USB port (this will not charge your device fast enough to keep the battery from draining out).
  4.    #4  
    It is plugged in with the charge adapter to the USB port in the bottom of the touchpad. Has been charging for several hours. Note also that the only way I get any thing to show on screen is to press the home and on button for about 10 seconds. The Battery symbol comes up first then the symbol of a plug and then it slowly dims and goes black screen. Can the charger be the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by docsdad View Post
    It is plugged in with the charge adapter to the USB port in the bottom of the touchpad. Has been charging for several hours. Note also that the only way I get any thing to show on screen is to press the home and on button for about 10 seconds. The Battery symbol comes up first then the symbol of a plug and then it slowly dims and goes black screen. Can the charger be the problem?
    Try a different outlet in your home that you know works 100%. Then go to the local bar and have a few drinks. I recommend a strip club. Time goes by better there. After a couple hours see the results.
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    I had same exact issue. Turned out the plug portion of the charger was ever so slightly twisted on the base (if you look it twists apart). I reseated it and let it charge pretty much expecting it was dead forever, but after about 20 mins it made a sound and I was finally able to turn it on. Hope that's all it is with yours.
    What grizz said.
    ^^ good thought. The plug on the charger is a 2-piece design and the tip can be twisted off. As grizzlymon suggests, twist it of and on again to make sure it is fully connected. It's been reported that some arrive loose directly out of the box.
    Dude!!!! I have this problem too!!! I'm very sure it's just the charger is broken, but mine says it's charging when I plug it in and it never really does charge up!! I've been stuck at the damn dead battery icon for days waiting for a new charger to come in (which HP wouldn't even give one to me!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    did you let the battery drain completely? not a good idea..
    I thought you were suppose to do that for the first 3 times so that the Lithium battery can "memorize" the capacity of the battery..?
    I've read instruction manuals for lithium ion powered devices to let them go through a few full discharge and full recharge cycles to condition the batteries. It can't hurt.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  12.    #12  
    Finally found it is the usb connection. When held in one position, it will charge, let it go or move it out of position and it quits charging.
    Finally found it is the usb connection. When held in one position, it will charge, let it go or move it out of position and it quits charging.
    What position are you holding it in? I have a similar problem so it would be awesome if I could charge mine too.
    Just confirmed the charger is designed to come apart. I bet a euro plug would snap right on. Mine was charging intermittently and it was turned a few degrees off center. It's better now. I don't think it can be 'tightened' but sure be fully seated.

Ken
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suikostinger View Post
    I thought you were suppose to do that for the first 3 times so that the Lithium battery can "memorize" the capacity of the battery..?
    for the first couple charges it's perfectly ok to let them discharge a bit but you should never let it get to the point where the device shuts down from drain battery.

technically all lipoly electronic device batteries have a protection pcb that will not allow them to fully drain or over charge but it's better not to let them drain too much/often.
  16.    #16  
    Gently held up on the usb connection and adjusted pressure and position until the charge battery lite brightened then carefully did not move for few minutes. It would sometimes stay in position and continue to charge and then fall out of position. Plug symbol would come up. Repositioned it and it would start charging. I worked with it enough to get enough charge for unit to start up. But sure need to get fixed. Maybe I can put an eraser under the plug to hold in place without hand support.
    Gently held up on the usb connection and adjusted pressure and position until the charge battery lite brightened then carefully did not move for few minutes. It would sometimes stay in position and continue to charge and then fall out of position. Plug symbol would come up. Repositioned it and it would start charging. I worked with it enough to get enough charge for unit to start up. But sure need to get fixed. Maybe I can put an eraser under the plug to hold in place without hand support.
    Try another cord. if it's still squirelly, contact support for another Touchpad.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    I had the same problem with the usb charging cable. Found it would not seat firmly in the Touchpad. I tried using a Samsung phone charging cable and it works perfectly. If you can't get HP to send a replacement you can purchase a Samsung cable on Amazon for $1.65 with free shipping.
    i would have it replaced or refurbished immediately !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have the exact same issue as docsdad. I replaced the cable and it worked for 2 days - now it is completely drained again. It is not the barrel connector issue and another cable will not work - i think it is dead for real this time... it just goes from dead battery icon to power plug and the dead...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast