Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By musick
  • 1 Post By Michele4u
  1.    #1  
    My friend just received a Touchpad and when she clicks on the web browser icon, only a white screen opens up. She has tried restarting several times, but no change...Just the white screen. Is there something she can try?

Thanks in advance.
    a wi-fi connection?
  3.    #3  
    Yes, Wifi is working fine and connected and is strong...All bars lit up. Everything else is working fine. I searched the web and could not find another person with this particular problem so decided to post here hoping there is someone who can help her.
    Last edited by Michele4u; 09/04/2011 at 03:52 PM.
    I don't have my TP here right now so I don't recall but is she typing in a website location to go to? .... there is no default homepage for the browser and I don't believe any images will appear on the screen until you prompt for a site to direct to
    gryffon likes this.
  5.    #5  
    No bar above to enter in a url...Just a white screen. I myself have a touchpad and do not have that problem. When I click on the icon on the bottom, a black page with a bar comes up where I can input my url.
    just grasping .... try this

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...r-anymore.html

Tap Launcher-->Settings-->Just Type. Then select Google as your default search. Then tap Done or OK at the bottom of the Just Type card

can try reaching out to the WebOS butler service as well
    http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb2.../66149_en.html
    Last edited by musick; 09/04/2011 at 04:10 PM.
  7.    #7  
    I did as you instructed and found it was already set to "Google" as the search engine.

I appreciate your help very much...it is a very weird problem..I hate to think my friend's touchpad is the only one with this problem. Checked the link you posted, and at least that person does have a "search bar" whereas there is no search bar at all on my friend's touchpad just a pure white screen with nothing on it upon clicking the "web" icon.
    dgf2002 likes this.
    i got this problem today all of a sudden anyone plz have solution to this i cant browse anything helppppppppppp

edit :- i got the solution as i updated private browsing which was the reason of web browsing not working and i removed from preware which solved the problem. thanks
    Last edited by bharuch7282; 10/24/2011 at 11:05 AM.
    @the OP, any patches installed

if no patches installed, does it do the same thing when using Just Type to launch a web page?

If no patches and same result using just type, I know you said she has WiFi, what about using other things that require WiFi? App catalog, e-mail?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    ^its an old post that was bumped.
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    doh
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I had the same problem with Web Browser not working ; removed the Private Browsing patch, problem disappeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele4u View Post
    My friend just received a Touchpad and when she clicks on the web browser icon, only a white screen opens up. She has tried restarting several times, but no change...Just the white screen. Is there something she can try?

Thanks in advance.
    I assume that you have private browsing installed thru preware. If so go back into preware
    and remove, this should solve your problem. I suggest that you do not reinstall private browsing until a new update comes in as current updated patch appears to have a bug. A report has been sent to the developer.
    dev is working on fixing the private browsing patch, there is a thread on it

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...nt-work-2.html

Please post any private browser related questions or issues in that thread
    I had the same issue. webOS 3.0.4, with the Private Browsing updated for 3.0.4 and was working fine. Then all of the sudden, I don't know why, the web browser was useless. It opened, I could also open the favorites menu, but the drop down menu at the top left 'Web' did not. And if I clicked on any favourite link or type any address, then the application went blank.
    I removed the Pro
    ivate Browsing Patch and now is OK again.
    Thanks guys!
    Strong work guys! Thanks for the quick and easy fix!