Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    It looks like 6th ave electronics either got more shipments, or held back their inventory to drive traffic for a Labor Day sale. Their circular lists the 32gb TP for $149, they have 150 units available Monday (in store only & limit 1 per family). I don't live in NJ, but if I did, I'd definitely be camping out over night for this.

    Any way, I figuered I'd post this for all the folks that live in New Jersey

    Here's the link: 6ave.com


    I found out about this while searching through the Slickdeals threads, so the cat is definitely out of the bag. There will probably be a huge line when this place opens tomorrow. Good luck to those trying to grab one, they open at 7am for tomorrows sale.


    Attached Images Attached Images
    sorli and fxspec06 like this.
  2. marc539's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #2  
    Nice! I'm sure the website will crash if they sell it through there though lol
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc539 View Post
    Nice! I'm sure the website will crash if they sell it through there though lol
    Lol, yeah. I have no doubt it would crash, especially with all the slickdealers still on the hunt for one.

    I already tried to add it to my cart, but it looks like they took the TP off their site. The only place it pops up is in their weekly ad.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4. #4  
    the 75% off blurb, save $450, regular price $599 ... I would consider greatly misleading
  5. #5  
    I'll bet people are pitching tents outside right now.
    SmartFah and dangtd like this.
  6. rs4ftw's Avatar
    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'll bet people are pitching tents outside right now.
    im sure, and tomorrow we'll hear on the news there was a fist fight or someone got shot.
  7. #7  
    there are two 6th ave electronics stores within like a half hour of me.. hmmm..
  8. marc539's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #8  
    The "150 available" I wonder if it's store specific or company wide. They'll sell out in a minute if it's inventory for entire company, they'll be setting themselves up for a bunch of angry customers.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc539 View Post
    The "150 available" I wonder if it's store specific or company wide. They'll sell out in a minute if it's inventory for entire company, they'll be setting themselves up for a bunch of angry customers.
    They only have 3 stores, & they're all in NJ; so it's either all 3 have 150 each, or 150 split among 3 stores (50 each). Either way, that's not bad. I just wish they had stores in NY also. If they did, i'd be camping outside right now for one. I wouldn't be surprised if a few people are outside the stores right now.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc539 View Post
    The "150 available" I wonder if it's store specific or company wide. They'll sell out in a minute if it's inventory for entire company, they'll be setting themselves up for a bunch of angry customers.
    i can almost guarantee that its per store. i read their ads every week and they typically refer to individual store inventory.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    the 75% off blurb, save $450, regular price $599 ... I would consider greatly misleading
    Why? How is it greatly misleading? It's correct.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

    Exhnozoaa likes this.
  12. #12  
    anyone else notice though that the model number they have listed is the 16GB Smart Buy model number?

    might be a misprint or about to rip some people off...and then with all discounted TouchPad there is a no returns policy that they can enforce.


    Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    im sure, and tomorrow we'll hear on the news there was a fist fight or someone got shot.
    Nah, these are tech geeks. They'll probably poke each other with pocket protectors or hack each other's e-mail accounts.
  14. #14  
    6th avenue is as sleazy as they come. I'd assume the worst
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by freeoscar View Post
    6th avenue is as sleazy as they come. I'd assume the worst
    I've never shopped at 6th Ave, but they can't be as bad as the sleazy rent-to-own place Aarons. I went there a few days ago trying to get a TouchPad, and they wouldn't let me buy one out right. Instead, they would only sell it to me with a laptop bundle and/or lease it to me for the oh so low price of $99.99........ A Month!!!! for 12 months.

    Freakin ridiculous! The frustrating part is some Aaron stores will sell it up front, and others (like the one I went to) will only lease it.

    Any way, 6th ave may suck for whatever reason, but I think the sleaze award must go to Aarons.

    Attached Images Attached Images
  16. keplenk's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #16  
    Where is the slickdeals link? Can't find it through search
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I've never shopped at 6th Ave, but they can't be as bad as the sleazy rent-to-own place Aarons. I went there a few days ago trying to get a TouchPad, and they wouldn't let me buy one out right. Instead, they would only sell it to me with a laptop bundle and/or lease it to me for the oh so low price of $99.99........ A Month!!!! for 12 months.

    Freakin ridiculous! The frustrating part is some Aaron stores will sell it up front, and others (like the one I went to) will only lease it.

    Any way, 6th ave may suck for whatever reason, but I think the sleaze award must go to Aarons.

    LOL, "Every Day Low Price: $949.99"
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Where is the slickdeals link? Can't find it through search
    Last time I checked, there wasn't a new thread started about it, but it's in the TouchPad thread that's been going non-stop since the fire sale started: HP TouchPad 9.7" WiFi Tablet: 16GB $100, 32GB $150 + Free shipping - Slickdeals.net

    I don't have the permalinks to the exact posts (the thread is way to big for me to search it) , but it was mentioned a few time today through out the thread.



    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    LOL, "Every Day Low Price: $949.99"
    LOL, that's what I thought. Aarons is a total rip off.
  19. keplenk's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #19  
    Got it, I just did a thread search. Usually these slickdealers know if there are already people camping. I'm like 10 minutes away from this 6th ave store and when my wife saw my TP, she wanted to give one to her mom. I guess I have to wake up early tomorrow.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Got it, I just did a thread search. Usually these slickdealers know if there are already people camping. I'm like 10 minutes away from this 6th ave store and when my wife saw my TP, she wanted to give one to her mom. I guess I have to wake up early tomorrow.
    Cool. Yeah, those Slickdealers know everything. These guys even grabbed all the new inventory of TouchPad's that Staples got this past week, by exploiting a glitch that allowed people to make their computers appear to be in store kiosks. These guys ordered all TP's as soon as they became available. By the time I stumbled upon the glitch, it was way too late.

    At least with deals at a retail store people have a better chance of getting one, (you just have to make sure you get there early enough). Good luck tomorrow!
    cord#WN likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions