1.    #1  
    title says it all can this b done?
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Your question is a bit vague... at least to me.

Do you mean if somebody could crack your wifi password saved on the TPad? I imagine it's about as easy/difficult as with any mobile device. The password isn't visible to anybody who might get their hands on it. I'd be more concerned about other personal info if it was stolen.

Do you mean that somebody can figure out your wifi password because you're using a TPad? I doubt that's any more risky than using any other mobile device.

You may need to be more specific.
    War Eagle!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post

Do you mean if somebody could crack your wifi password saved on the TPad? I imagine it's about as easy/difficult as with any mobile device. The password isn't visible to anybody who might get their hands on it. I'd be more concerned about other personal info if it was stolen.

Do you mean that somebody can figure out your wifi password because you're using a TPad? I doubt that's any more risky than using any other mobile device.

I think what the OP means, is there a way to crack a wifi password from the TP. Like if there is a password protected network that they want to gain access to, using the TP to crack the network's password. Like Kismac
    i think what the OP means is whether there is a way to run penetration testing on your own wep protected network from the TP. i usually use backtrack live boot usb drive and an external antenna. i would be happy if there was even a way to attach my usb external antenna to the TP. Anyone know?
    WEP or WPA are a general security measured and it does not matter what hardware they work on, they follow the same principles. They all have to match the Wireless Router (source) that is used.

WEP is Not secure, and rather easy to crack.

WPA with good 8 charaters (or more) is secure.

WPA2 (WPA+AES) is even better.

In general.

From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
    No Security
    Switching Off SSID (same has No Security. SSID can be easily sniffed even if it is Off)
    MAC Filtering______(Band Aid if nothing else is available, MAC number can be easily Spoofed).
    WEP64____(Easy, to "Break" by knowledgeable people).
    WEP128___(A little Harder, but "Hackable" too).
    -------------------
    The three above are Not considered safe.
    Safe Starts here at WPA.
    -------------------
    WPA-PSK__(Very Hard to Break).
    WPA-AES__(Not functionally Breakable)
    WPA2____ (Not functionally Breakable).

Note 1: WPA-AES the the current entry level rendition of WPA2.

The documentation of your Wireless devices (Wireless Router, and Wireless Computer's Card) should state the type of security that is available with your Wireless hardware.
    All devices MUST be set to the same security level using the same pass phrase.
    Therefore the security must be set according what ever is the best possible of one of the Wireless devices.

I.e. even if most of your system might be capable to be configured to the max. with WPA2, but one device is only capable to be configured to max . of WEP, to whole system must be configured to WEP.

If you need more good security and one device (like a Wireless card that can do WEP only) is holding better security for the whole Network, replace the device with a better one.
    Setting Wireless Security - Configuring Wireless Security

The Core differences between WEP, WPA, and WPA2 - Wireless Encryption - WEP, WPA, and WPA2.

I guess the title didn't say it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post

The question isn't vague at all.
    It's already been said... but he's asking if the touchpad can be used to crack wep or wpa.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    it has linux so, in theory, yes.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    wep sure, aes no way
    Try and install aircrack-ng(if there's a pre-compiled arm binary) and test it out to see if it recognizes the wifi card?