Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Dear Sirs / Madam,

I have recently bought my wife a 7" HP Touchpad but for the love of god cannot update the firmware to 2.2 which i have downloaded to my pc from your site. The reason i wanted to update to this is i have not been able to download any apps from any android sites and have read i need the 2.2 firmware to do this.

I have unzipped the file and have the RK2818 Android Upgrade tool on my desktop. I then open the updater and click the number 1 button and follow the path to the update 'image' file. I then get a message coming up saying 'boot was found in the image, do you want to replace the selected boot' and i click yes.

I then connect my hp touchpad via usb whilst holding the escape button and nothing happens. The first box is meant to light up green in the device upgrade area and then i click upgrade... but this never happens.

I have reset the touchpad but found no difference. Also when i hold the esc key whilst plugging in the usb socket i get the screen calibration always come up. I am using windows 7 and windows 7 automatically found the drivers ofr the andoid device.

When i click 'upgrade' on the batch updater it tells me 'no device existed. stop upgrading'.

Please would you help me with this as im so frustrated i feel like sending it back to Amazon.

With best wishes

Darren
    there is no 7" touchpad, and the touchpad never ran 2.x of any flavor.

so what is your question?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there is no 7" touchpad, and the touchpad never ran 2.x of any flavor.

so what is your question?
    This is what iv bought TOUCHPAD II: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

and for some reason i cannot download any apps as it says my device is not registered even though my wifes gmail and google email is synced. I read this is becuase i need the 2.2 firmware?
    You have a problem. There was never a 7" touchpad. There's also no firmware version 2.2 because the touchpad came with no less than Sw version 3.0. I think you may have bought an android device and have mistaken it for an HP touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by darren3197 View Post
    This is what iv bought [url= II: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics[/url]

and for some reason i cannot download any apps as it says my device is not registered even though my wifes gmail and google email is synced. I read this is becuase i need the 2.2 firmware?
    you got scammed there buddy, that's not an HP touchpad.
    huh? 7'' HP Touchpad? Either a troll or wrong forum...
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    you got scammed there buddy, that's not an HP touchpad.
    Ok this is not a troll, i just wanted a cheap tablet for my wife to surf and read kindle books. Ill call Amazon and get it sent back and buy her a kindle methinks.
    hey, I didn't call you a troll. But they tricked you by calling it a touchpad ii(2). Good luck with amazon.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    hey, I didn't call you a troll. But they tricked you by calling it a touchpad ii(2). Good luck with amazon.
    thanks man, im sure theyll take it back
    Yeah, it's made by a company called "CnM".
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Cannot get the 2.2 firmware to update, which apparently will help me download apps from markets...cos atm i cant as it says you have no devices registered. My wifes google and gmail emails are all synced.. so god knows
    I would suggest you head over the XDA forums, where the Android gurus hand out. I see there are several threads on the CnM device.
    This thread made me LOL.
    we are trying to tell Yon is that you don't have an hp touchpad, you have some sort of android-based knock off. Either send it back, or check androidcentral.com for android help. If it didn't come with 2.2, you probably can't update it without rooting it, and they will help you if it's possible.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I think thats the new one that will be out next month with the "spare parts" HP had left to build the remainder of them. I thought they were waiting for the android port to release it though lol.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645 View Post
    This thread made me LOL.
    :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by darren3197 View Post
    Dear Sirs / Madam,

I have recently bought my wife a 7" HP Touchpad but for the love of god cannot update the firmware to 2.2 which i have downloaded to my pc from your site. The reason i wanted to update to this is i have not been able to download any apps from any android sites and have read i need the 2.2 firmware to do this.

I have unzipped the file and have the RK2818 Android Upgrade tool on my desktop. I then open the updater and click the number 1 button and follow the path to the update 'image' file. I then get a message coming up saying 'boot was found in the image, do you want to replace the selected boot' and i click yes.

I then connect my hp touchpad via usb whilst holding the escape button and nothing happens. The first box is meant to light up green in the device upgrade area and then i click upgrade... but this never happens.

I have reset the touchpad but found no difference. Also when i hold the esc key whilst plugging in the usb socket i get the screen calibration always come up. I am using windows 7 and windows 7 automatically found the drivers ofr the andoid device.

When i click 'upgrade' on the batch updater it tells me 'no device existed. stop upgrading'.

Please would you help me with this as im so frustrated i feel like sending it back to Amazon.

With best wishes

Darren
    Here you go buddy, from the page on your link:

Product Description

The CnM TouchPad II is an affordable 7 inch family-friendly Android tablet, designed to keep you thoroughly entertained. The Touchpad II has a 7 inch TFT display that you can control with either your fingertips or a stylus, and is compact and lightweight so is both portable and comfortable to use for extended sessions. With it's Android (2.1, Eclair) operating system, the Touchpad II has access to all the very best handy Google services and comes with 20 apps pre-loaded to get you started, including an eBook reader. The TouchPad II has Wi-Fi, so accessing you email and browsing the internet, as well as downloading more apps is simple, and it has a built-in music player and browser. Whatever you want to do, keep up to date with your favourite apps and social media, play games, watch videos, listen to music check out YouTube, you can do it all with CnM's Touchpad II. There's 4GB of memory onboard, and you can expand the memory with an microSD card, taking even more media with you. An introductory tablet at an entry-level price that packs plenty of tech. Features you'll love: Great value way to get the most in-demand piece of tech for a fraction of the price Fantastically affordable family-friendly Android tablet, designed to be your media hub and keep you thoroughly entertained Compact and lightweight, it is easy enough for everyone to use and great on the move Clear and bright 7 inch touchscreen plus mini-HDMI port to connect your Touchpad II to a monitor or TV 20 great pre-loaded apps, including built-in e-book reader, and access to thousands more Android applications 4GB internal memory to store all your favourite photos, songs and video clips, plus a microSD card slot to expand your storage capacity by up to 16GB Manufacturer's description The CnM Touchpad II is a fully featured Mobile Internet Device (MID) with Android 2.1 Operating System, With access to thousands of applications.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Looks a lot like this one: Worst gadget ever? Ars reviews a $99 Android tablet

Just get your money back.
    Wipe your details and pack it up and send it back, don't say you used it say it was bought in error, it looks as though they are trying to sell these as TouchPads and this is from Maplins one of the UK's largest retailers with hundreds of stores!!!