Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By hagster
  • 1 Post By Demiroquai
  • 2 Post By Hobbz
  • 2 Post By BobKy
  1.    #1  
    The screen on my touchpad is plastic not glass. Is this the same across all regions/versions? I was under the impression the back was cheap glossy plastic but the screen would be toughened glass like erm... EVERY CAPACITIVE TOUCHSCREEN EVER IN THE UNIVERSE?!? (except the original pre which was also a fail scratch magnate although they realised the mistake before the pixie thankfully.)

Oh HP you really crack me up, now please no more trolling us? Maybe getting rid of the hardware division is for the best.
    what makes you think its plastic?
    pochaco likes this.
    Yeah, it's quite odd that you got what seems to be the only plastic one.
    Quote Originally Posted by marxman.13 View Post
    The screen on my touchpad is plastic not glass. Is this the same across all regions/versions? I was under the impression the back was cheap glossy plastic but the screen would be toughened glass like erm... EVERY CAPACITIVE TOUCHSCREEN EVER IN THE UNIVERSE?!? (except the original pre which was also a fail scratch magnate although they realised the mistake before the pixie thankfully.)

Oh HP you really crack me up, now please no more trolling us? Maybe getting rid of the hardware division is for the best.
    Angry little guy, aren't ya? Its Gorilla Glass, not plastic. That is unless you found a chinese website selling them for pennies on the dollar. Then there's a good chance you got plastic on the face.... aaaaaaaaand that it might be fake. But seriously, who's going to buy a fake TP?
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    Soul Brother likes this.
    yep its glass not plastic
    front=glass
    back=plastic

really
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Yeah, Gorilla Glass.

What would be really funny is if he was complaining about the plastic protective film from the factory. If that's the case, I'd just have to walk away.

I have a strange craving for bananas now
    War Eagle!
    Gorilla Glass here.
    k4ever and geekpeter like this.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Make sure you didn't get the Leapfrog Tablet for $99. Glass here too, bunch of fingerprint marks but glass none the less.
    Quote Originally Posted by marxman.13 View Post

Are you trolling us? They don't make plastic screened TouchPads and this could just be an attempt to get people not to buy one of the real (ie glass) ones that are out there. I would ask for pictures of your plastic screen but pictures won't show that (and you probably know that). What model version is your TouchPad (should be in device info)? Surely the model number has to change if the screen is plastic (which I suspect it is not).
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    OP must of got his touchpad from meritline.