Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I know a lot of people complained about there being a bad echo during calls, whether through video chat on Skype or on calls with a Bluetooth connected phone. The other person I'm talking to seems to randomly hear themselves echo. It happens sometimes but goes away other times. I'm suspicious that it's just the speakers feeding into the microphone. Is there a fix for this? Or maybe a way to turn the microphone volume down?
    I have the same issue.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    so they can't hear themselves, maybe plug in your headphones?
    I just tried that 30 seconds ago, but I only had my Pre headphones handy. It shut off the microphone completely so the other person couldn't hear.

A regular pair of headphones may have worked. I'm disappointed that the mic in the headphones didn't take over.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland View Post
    I just tried that 30 seconds ago, but I only had my Pre headphones handy. It shut off the microphone completely so the other person couldn't hear.

A regular pair of headphones may have worked. I'm disappointed that the mic in the headphones didn't take over.
    Pre headphones have a mic?

I have had my Pre- for over 2 years and never knew that
    I think so. Maybe not. Looks like there's something at the Y-connector.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I figured the headphones should work. Although when I went to plug them in during a Skype call, the Mic cut off completely. I could hear and see him but he couldn't hear me. Either way I'd like to get it so that I can talk without headphones
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    any other suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    Pre headphones have a mic?

I have had my Pre- for over 2 years and never knew that
    Yea, they do and they also have a mute button built into it. I've used mine quite a bit. (Granted I have a pre plus, but I believe it's the same headset)

The other thing I found out about the headsets, that I didn't know before, was that the little silver circles on the headsets are actually magnets that hold the headsets together when you wrap them up. I came across that by accident one day. That's probably the coolest thing about those headsets!