Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello community,

i noticed that, when i press the back auf the touchpad a bit under the HP brand, it makes a "clack" or so. Like there would be some gluten which doesn't hold it down.

I wanted to ask you if you have the same problem? or its only on my touchpad? maybe I can send in to HP.
    dont know

so can you reproduce the sound when you push the back of the touchpad down?
  2.    #2  
    can nobody help me?
    everyone in this forum has a touchpad..so please try
    I just tried it on my TP while in its case and it does not make the sound you are describing. Why are you pressing that area? Are you holding it in way that causes you to press in on the back?
    Mine is solid. You might want to send back to HP. You also might try to be a little more patient. I'm new to this forum as well and still getting the general feel of things, but I've seen people in other communities get really upset when newbers post questions and expect lightning fast follow ups.
    JonVon and screwu2man like this.
  5.    #5  
    no im very patient with it..
    it never dropped or something

yes maybe i must send it back..but than I must wait a long time because of the fire sale?
    Quote Originally Posted by kablock View Post
    Hello community,

i noticed that, when i press the back auf the touchpad a bit under the HP brand, it makes a "clack" or so. Like there would be some gluten which doesn't hold it down.

I wanted to ask you if you have the same problem? or its only on my touchpad? maybe I can send in to HP.
    dont know

so can you reproduce the sound when you push the back of the touchpad down?
    Yes. If I press in roughly halfway between the HP logo and the symbols at the bottom (FCC logo, etc.), the plastic gives a little bit and there's a very noticeable sound as it rises back up. I'm kind of worried about the build quality, especially as I've had the plastic crack on an HP laptop before.

If you talk to HP, let us know what they say. Since nothing's actually visibly broken, I'm kind of doubting they'll do any repair.
  7.    #7  
    nice that im not alone

tomorrow I with call them..and if they will repair it.
    you will hear from me

any other with his problem?
    a few have reported this. Doesn't appear to be a problem if you don't press it.

if it bothers you, the only option is to contact hp for warranty replacement/repair.
  9.    #9  
    hmm
    but now it is very "easy" to produce the sound..when i hold it and turn it in my hands it makes the sound :-O
    Talk about being ANAL.

There's nothing wrong with your touchpad.

The clack you're hearing is the back of the case which is plastic being pushed likely against the Flat battery pack, then flattens out, sticks to the battery or something flat and upon release it returns to it's original position making a tap or a clack sound.

Here's a farkin idea,l STOP pushing on the back of your case with your thumb. Why would you do that?

Some people just take the SLIGHTEST of things and make a big deal out of it and want an RMA. Then they ***** and moan about their RMA being a refurb.

YOUR TOUCHPAD is fine!

EDIT:

If you really want to get technical. The battery is roughly in the center of the touchpad. If you have not noticed, the back of the touchpad is a bevel, it's not flat. A battery pack is FLAT. When you lay a flat object on a beveled surface, there will be a gap in between. So that's where this gap comes in and when you push, it flattens against the battery.

Again, QUIT pushing it in.
  11.    #11  
    i thought it might be from the overclock..that the glue is melted by the high themperatur..and that that caused the sound
    See, it's very easy to say, "Quit pushing it in," but for me, the sweet spot for the plastic to give is right where I hold it naturally in portrait mode (which is mainly how I use it). It doesn't always happen, but it does happen when I'm just gripping the TP normally. It may not be a big deal, but I do worry about the possibility that the plastic will weaken there with time. I don't think that's an unreasonable concern, and certainly not worth getting angry about!
    Quote Originally Posted by kablock View Post
    i thought it might be from the overclock..that the glue is melted by the high themperatur..and that that caused the sound
    no It's not from overclock. It's just the way the case is designed.

It's to say.............normal.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I noticed it on mine as soon as i took it out of the box. I shoved it in the case and forgot about it.
    mine doesn't snap, crackle or pop. =] running mine at 1.8, keeping it in s case. My tab stays a cool 28-32 `c. Sorry yours is doing this. If HP won't help, I'd invest in a aluminum case. Check out the joby http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...wesome-tp.html
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

mine makes the same sound if I push on it towards the right side of the HP logo. Weird but since it still seems to work fine and only happens under a fair amount of pressure I'm not too worried about it
    I find that when I smack mine against the table top repeatedly, it makes a cracking noise and throws sparks. Is that normal? Should I get my head examined?
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    ha, I agree that why one feels the need to push it repeatedly, then ask for RMA? nothing wrong it it at all. it is plastic, so if you do it over and over again it would crack. if you really want to try with another touchpad the best way is to try really hard to break it now, then file a claim to get another before your warranty expires. Otherwise, doing this sort of thing won't promise the longevity of your device. And sure, HP won't help if there is nothing wrong with it.
    Mine does the same thing, and when holding it in landscape orientation it is right where I place the tips of my fingers, and it is fairly loud/annoying.

Taking one hand off so that I am just supporting it with my left hand will cause the same sound.
    Clearly all of you guys that are berating us don't have this issue, and it makes a significantly loud clacking noise as if the back cover is sticking to some tape, then being pulled away from it. The cover acts like a speaker.

edit: looks like the mods removed the unsavoury comments

Looking at the teardown, it's probably those 4 sticky pads on the antenna(?) which don't seem to make 100% contact with the battery.
    Last edited by Magnets; 09/05/2011 at 01:28 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast