1.    #1  
    Why doesn't the Touchpad allow you to sign off from Skype or at least be invisible?

I've searched up and down and can't seem to find it on my Touchpad.

Any advice apperciated!
    It took me ages to find the answer to this.

You need to go into the separate messaging app and top left select Offline, this makes you offline in Skype as well. Once offline Skype will ask you to login next time you use open it and select a person to call.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    It took me ages to find the answer to this.

You need to go into the separate messaging app and top left select Offline, this makes you offline in Skype as well. Once offline Skype will ask you to login next time you use open it and select a person to call.
    I'm looking at the messaging app. When I click on the upper left corner,
    I see Available, Busy, and Offline. So, choosing the last two will have
    the same effect for Skype online status, is this right?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    From what I've found - you can't choose to treat each messenging service individually. It's all or nothing. And there's no "Invisible." Only Available, Busy, or Offline.

The only way I've been only partially Available (and the circle becomes only half green!) is if I sign into a service on another device/computer. I signed into Yahoo on my computer while still being active on my TP (it was easier to type on the computer and I was in the middle of an active conversation...)

When I did that - my circle went only half green, and my Yahoo buddies disappeared.
    Very poorly designed that way :/ I hope we get a decent program instead of ... THIS. Thanks for the information : )
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannim View Post
    Very poorly designed that way :/ I hope we get a decent program instead of ... THIS. Thanks for the information : )
    True... But for the hundred I paid for it - I ain't complaining.

I use mine mainly for browsing. And I'll take this over Android any day of the week and twice on Tuesdays. iPad? That's a different story.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    We have 2 skype accounts. When the one on the TP is set to busy, it shows up as offline (invisible) on the PC. You can also customize the status messages (eg Available - Away).
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannim View Post
    Call Skype and see if they will pay to develop a Touchpad APP