1.    #1  
    Previously been using an Android tablet but now have a HP Touchpad. The touchpad is my first experience of webOS and I quite like it.

One thing that I feel needs to be improved is the cold boot time. Why does the touchpad take so long to boot from cold? Are there any tweaks or patches to speed up the boot time?

Thanks.
    HP Touchpad 64GB White
    The Pre took a long time to boot. I believe it's Novacom or Luna that's taking a long time to restart. Some people are now claiming that it's communicating with Palm servers, which is impossible. It's you're not near wifi, it can't communicate with anything.
    I don't know all that goes on during boot, but I do know that my startup times are much improved after overclocking and disabling the overzealous system logging that webOS performs. I get the feeling that the increase is more due to the lack of logging than the increased processor speed to be honest.
    This has always been an issue for webOS. I reboot my Pre- nightly and it always takes 12 minutes. I just have it preset to reboot at times that it isn't going to inconvenience me.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    It's definitely the OS I love webOS but if you watch the video that loads android on the touchpad it loads in seconds..
    Quote Originally Posted by jace985 View Post
    It's definitely the OS I love webOS but if you watch the video that loads android on the touchpad it loads in seconds..
    +1....I was about to say the same thing. On cm7 video it took around 5-7 seconds Only.

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk