Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    EDIT: Sorry Mods I intended to post this to bug thread!!!!

I have been able to repeat this on 3 Touchpads with different email accounts both exchange and Gmail.

Create a contact in the contacts app or Exchange/Gmail. for this example I will use a bogus name and address.

So create the contact

Name: Jim Smith
    Email: jimsmith@testdomail.com

Now open email app and start to compose an email.

In the To: field type jsmith@testdomail.com (NOTE: this is a different email than the contact created) tap enter and it will change the To: field to Jim Smith and send to jimsmith@testdomail.com

Also again open email app and start to compose an email.

Type jsmith@testdomail.com in the To: field then tap you finger to the left or right of the compose email window on your wallpaper, you will now see that jsmith@testdomail.com stayed in the To: field and you can tap and type a subject and body. Now while watching the To: field tap send and you will see for a split second the the To: field just changed to "Jim Smith" again and sent the email to an unintended recipient.

Please give it a try. I can recreate the issue with multiple names on my 500+ contacts

I found this out because I am John and my Mother is Jane. I wanted to send an email to my alternate gmail account thats not in my touchpad. so I was sending an email to jlastname@gmail.com and it kept sending the email no matter what to "Jane Lastname"
    Last edited by smyrna; 09/04/2011 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Posted to wrong thread.
    Very interesting bug... Just tested this.. Although I can duplicate it.. The second ex. Is hard to do as it won't let me jump to the compose field

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Awesome!! I'm not nuts..

when you tap on the left or right on your wallpaper it should close the keyboard and let you view the whole email. Then you can tap on the other fields.