Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Lektriklisa
  1.    #1  
    My husband has been playing with my Touchpad that has intermittent wifi issues and he believes that there may be something up with what he says is the "DHCP lease" and not with the wifi itself. From what he says the Touchpad looses the ability to look up stuff and that the Touchpad does not loose the connection. He has set an IP on my Touchpad instead of having the Touchpad aquire one and so far I have not had any internet issues.
    i think you're spot on. it's also a shame that no one else has taken much notice of this comment.

i'm experiencing exactly the same thing. when the wifi settings are on automatic and i get an address from the DHCP server, i cannot go online. however, if i simply flip the switch to manual, while changing nothing assigned by the DHCP server, i can suddenly go online.

i wish someone would investigate this further.
    Prolly good to list the name or router and firmware info here to peak interest in the powers to be
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    This matches mine and other's observations. It does seem to be router dependent, but I've set my three touchpad's to a static IP and all maintain internet connectivity.

I do see an occasional stall while loading a web page. A refresh usually works.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Prolly good to list the name or router and firmware info here to peak interest in the powers to be
    good idea, although mine gets a bit complicated.

so here goes, first i have a Linksys E2000 running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/08/11) big
    (SVN revision 16994). it's set to 802.11n only and serves ONLY as the access point. my DHCP server's running win2k8 r2. traffic first exits a cisco pix 501, and then ultimately through a cisco 871.

now, any ideas what gets sorted out in the touchpad by merely flipping the "switch" from auto to manual?
    Until last week end I was using a Linksys WRT54G (G signal) with Tomato firmware and I never had an issue connecting my TouchPad via Wifi.

However now I'm using a E3000 with Tomato USB and I see that the TouchPad is much slower to load pages although it's supposed to be using wireless N now. I have never assigned an IP address to it but I will try to see if it improves the current speed.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I tried this a couple of months ago to no avail. Changing the wifi beacon lease and other settings described here: Wifi Issues on Touchpad? and leaving DHCP on autoconfig does work!! I have no wifi issues at all anymore!!
    I have a Linksys WRT610N V2.01 dual band wireless router and two TP in the house. Both Touchpads are set to DHCP. I have no wireless issuses what so ever.
    I agree we should merge the threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I tried this a couple of months ago to no avail. Changing the wifi beacon lease and other settings described here: Wifi Issues on Touchpad? and leaving DHCP on autoconfig does work!! I have no wifi issues at all anymore!!
    these changes were one of the first things i did. unfortunately, they didn't solve my problems.

i might try tomato or something different to see if the issue's with DD-WRT.
    +1 on threads should be merged

In the great FWIW department, there was a similar problem with EVO's and linksys (and a few other) routers. For some reason the Evo would not connect even though everything seemed to be working right. The only solution that was consistent was to unplug the router. After plugging back in the connection would be fine for a long long time, (in my case a month or so) until it wasn't again and time to unplug/replug. You can check out AndroidCentral for a full discussion of the issue.

Tried this "solution" with my TP when started having problems connecting and, low and behold, same results. No problems connecting with the TP since the reset of the router. and that has been several weeks at this point. I assume it will show up again at some point.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I'm running WRT54GS with Tomato 1.27 (IIRC), I have the DHCP it handing out specific IP addresses to "registered" devices via the advanced section of the configuration (to be able to hand out specific gateways to "kids" devices or "unregistered" devices to run them through a net-nanny proxy vs registered devices get unfiltered access).

Besides the issue that I get when a new device in the house that behaves badly due to the filter I have not had any issues with any ofthe TouchPad's, or any of the Pre-'s or any of Pre2's in the house.

I am thinking about updating my router firmware to support IPv6 6-in-4 tunnelling instead of relying on my Ubuntu server to do the tunnelling, but the experiences reported in this thread do give me pause.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)