1.    #1  
    Sorry if this is a dumb question.
    I am a huge sports junky I have been trying to figure out if I buy the NHL Game Center package for the computer if it will work on the touchpad. I work swing shift so I would like to be able to watch games while at work.

Today as sort of a test I went to mlb.com and decided to try to stream the free game. It took a few minutes but the game did start up and I was watching it. I was surprised. Does anyone have a clue if this means the NHL site will also allow this.

Again sorry if this is a dumb question but without an NHLGCL app this would be great. I thought the big sites checked for compatible browsers to decide if you could stream the games so I was surprised mlb.com worked.
    If NHL.com uses Flash, it might work. If Silverlight (like Netflix) then probably not.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
  3.    #3  
    Guess I will have to wait. Wonder about silverlight as there are NHL GCL apps for the Android and blackberry phones on Verizon only. My phone is rooted and could just use the Verizon app, but would much rather use the touchpads native browser and WiFi tether.
  4.    #4  
    figured I would follow up in this. Signed up for NHL GCL. Was just watching a game on the tablet. So anyone on the fence it works.
    Sorry, not to bump an old thread but I can't seem to get it to work. Are you running the uberkernel or any patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by sfdxsm View Post
    Sorry, not to bump an old thread but I can't seem to get it to work. Are you running the uberkernel or any patches?
    It works for me, but it is choppy. I have dropped the quality down to 400 kbps, but it is still choppy. Luckily the audio is not choppy, so even when the video acts up you don't lose everything. I actually prefer to run it on my pc (where it runs flawlessly) and splashtop to the pc, and it runs better. Still not perfect, but good enough. I feel like the browser can't render the video good enough for the fast pace of hockey. I have an old pc that is choppy like the tp, and I think it is because of the quality of the video card.
    Last edited by Ragefather; 10/17/2011 at 03:04 PM.