Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By phil1995
  1.    #1  
    Is there a work around so that I can view blocked websites while using my touchpad at work. Sites like espn and facebook are currently blocked? any help would be appreciated.
    You could VPN to a external provider like ACEVPN and access their service through your Touchpad for internet access and DNS negotiation.

Actually, I've used their Premium Service on Mac in the past and it work very well. They also have instructions on setting it up on IOS and iPhone like devices so I suspect it would not be much different on a TouchPad running webOS.

Been a while, but worth checking out if you need access remote and want to restrict prying or blocking eyes. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    if you are not careful with that, you may have all the time you want to surf from home. They block those sites for a reason.
    sorli likes this.
    You should be able to just change your DNS to something like GoogleDNS and it should work, although it seems like you have to set a static IP as well to do it on the touchpad.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancom96 View Post
    You should be able to just change your DNS to something like GoogleDNS and it should work, although it seems like you have to set a static IP as well to do it on the touchpad.
    Not sure about how it works through the Luna manager (haven't tried static settings yet), but you can certainly do it through the Linux CLI (overriding DNS servers). Or you could tunnel everything through a VPN.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for everyone's response. Changing my DNS IP to GoogleDNS worked like a charm.