1.    #1  
    I am looking for advice how to improve battery life of my touchpad. I didn't do any scientific test, but I need to recharge my touchpad more than once everyday with light usage. What bothers me that even if I didn't use it (I am not sure if that is the sleep state, I did push the power button), the battery drains fast, it is like 7% down every hour even I didn't use it. I did overclock it to 1.7g but I thought other people find it does not affects battery that much.

Anyway, I am wondering if I put TP aside it will go to a sleep mode itself and save battery or will it still working in the background like connecting to emails, messages etc.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Log out of instant messenger; set email checking to once an hour or as they come depending on the frequency you receive emails. Beyond that... I'd say it's a kernel/overclock issue.
    yeah mine does email checking etc, and doesn't drain but a few % overnight. Putting it in airplane mode would probably be the best route.
    I went into settings, wifi, then pull down menu for sleep settings, and enabled "Turn Wi-Fi Off" when device sleeps. Seems to have helped in my case.
    Turning airplane mode on or WiFi off will definitely help if you don't need it to ne working in the background. That is weird though cause OC'd to 1.5 ghz I am getting great battery life.
    sounds like you have facebook, Twitter, etc constantly polling for messages. That is much work for it as web browsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    sounds like you have facebook, Twitter, etc constantly polling for messages. That is much work for it as web browsing.
    How do you change the polling setting on facebook?