1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

take care,

Jay

As many as 200,000 HP TouchPads on the way
    By James Kendrick | September 3, 2011, 7:31am PDT

As many as 200,000 HP TouchPads on the way | ZDNet

Summary: As many as 200,000 HP TouchPads will be produced in the final production run the company has recently announced, according to Asian partners.

HP has bounced all over the map with its handling of the HP TouchPad, from dissatisfaction at the launch to cancellation of the product in just a few weeks. Most recently it announced that it was making a limited production run to get the TouchPad in the hands of the thousands who ordered one at fire-sale pricing, but didnít get one due to limited inventory. This run could be significant if information coming out of HPís partners is accurate.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    fwinst and Rnp like this.
    I'll take all of them!
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    seems the article bounces from 100k to 200k...... Thats a large margin of error.
    Well... gonna rest only 199.999 for all you...

Best Regards...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    yay ill eventually get one
    Bad news, almost all of them are already claimed.

HP TouchPad: If you do not already have an order, you may not get one | ZDNet
    That article is quoting the email sent to SMB customers, HP has been saying for sometime the customer store would get more, the SMB would not be getting any.
    Onsale have a chance to redeem themselves here...
    Either way, Canada isn't going to see any of them.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VisceralMonkey View Post
    This is exactly what I was afraid was going to happen. If resellers are putting in orders, on top of the backorders that HP has to fulfill, then the rest of us are screwed.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    How would this all affect the quality of the new touchpads?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Can I bring a retailer to court for not fulfilling an orders? When I ordered two units Friday night for the full price the email said they were available for pickup the following morning. Then got a call early mornig before 7:00 Am saying they are still OK and I have to bring the same card I used because of the price adjustment.

When I got to the store I got discriminated by the same person who called me twice that early morning. (August 20,2011)

She (Tracie) destroyed my sleep for nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikblang View Post
    Can I bring a retailer to court for not fulfilling an orders? When I ordered two units Friday night for the full price the email said they were available for pickup the following morning. Then got a call early mornig before 7:00 Am saying they are still OK and I have to bring the same card I used because of the price adjustment.

When I got to the store I got discriminated by the same person who called me twice that early morning. (August 20,2011)

She (Tracie) destroyed my sleep for nothing.
    I doubt it. Especially since (I assume) they gave you your money back, etc.