Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm curious if the 64GB white TPs are 3G - I've seen no mention of it - were 3G models ever made?
    I don't think there was but I supose you could tether. I connected mine to my epic 4G, though I had to choose add network as it didn't see it even though it was broadcasting.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaten View Post
    I'm curious if the 64GB white TPs are 3G - I've seen no mention of it - were 3G models ever made?
    The white 64 GB Touchpads are not cellular enabled. WiFi only. I have one.

According to several members who have called HP Small and Medium business sales asking about the Touchpad 4G (3G, whatever) as of Friday, HP sales has began telling them the Touchpad 4G will be coming to AT&T next month. That's all they're saying so far. I still chaulk this up as rumor, just like the rumor floating around that HP already manufactured 100K of these 4G devices. When it comes to the Touchpad and the Pre 3, who knows what the truth is these days .........
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Very true, until there is solid info on the game plan from the spun off hardware side of HP we won't know what if any hardware will come. However it only makes sense that the spun off company resumes production of the models already to go to market or on the market. So it makes sense to me that if there was indeed a 3G/4G touchpad ready for production or in production that the spun off hardware side proceed with it. And then consider future devices while the software side of HP tries and license webOS of what not while they continue working on webOS.

What we are dealing with now is a premature hardware cancellation due to someone leaking info about it. Had they had everything in place before any info was released officially or unofficially then the state of things would be much different right now. Because the would be able to say we are splitting the company in two and this is how the hardware side is proceeding and this is how the software side is proceeding. Now we wait for hopefully soon good news/info on the future of webOS devices because without them developers new and old are going to be reluctant to work on the platform. While those who are dedicated to the platform will remain.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.