1.    #1  
    Is it possible to download files locally? In other words, a save-as option that will download directly to the touchpad? I've checked through this forum and spent some time googling but haven't found any info about this. Thanks.
    install Internalz Pro from Preware for local file management.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks..
    Quote Originally Posted by bcitsme View Post
    Is it possible to download files locally? In other words, a save-as option that will download directly to the touchpad? I've checked through this forum and spent some time googling but haven't found any info about this. Thanks.
    Can you clarify what you mean? As far as I know, if you download something from the web, it is saved locally in your downloads folder or in the root drive. This is the standard behavior, so no option will show up to save-as, it just happens. Plus, as described below, apps for the various file types will allow you to save local copies.

If you tap on an image attached to an email it will offer the option to save to the photos folder, which is local. If you receive a PDF attachment, it will open in the reader, and you have an option to save as there. I'm pretty sure the behavior is similar for office docs as well, but don't have any in my email to test.

I would download a good file manager so you can see your files easier, as was recommended above.