Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I have my TP overclocked to 1.5 using the uberkernel and brightness at about 30-40% and I'm losing about 12% an hour with just web browsing. Is this pretty typical of battery drain on the TP? Also I have auto-dim turned off.

Anyone else getting similar battery drain or what can I do to improve it?
    I saw the same thing and removed uberkernel, and turned down screen brightness.
    Hmmmmmmm, and some people claim OCing doesn't effect the battery!
    on my pre+ it didn't. The TP is still too new for perfection...
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I saw the same thing and removed uberkernel, and turned down screen brightness.
    Have you seen any improvement in doing that and by how much? I think brightness at 30-40% is as low I want to go otherwise it will be become too dim. What sort of battery drain are you getting now after going back to stock and lowered your screen brightness?
    Quote Originally Posted by joeym74 View Post
    I have my TP overclocked to 1.5 using the uberkernel and brightness at about 30-40% and I'm losing about 12% an hour with just web browsing. Is this pretty typical of battery drain on the TP? Also I have auto-dim turned off.

Anyone else getting similar battery drain or what can I do to improve it?
    that's about right.
    8 1/2 hours is what you can expect. . . And I'm sure that isn't with the screen on high.
    break that down and you are looking at about 12% per hour.

a 720p video with screen at 50% for testing used 13% while the OC kernels used 14%--that is insignificant as the battery monitor doesn't display decimals.

nonetheless, after turning down/off logging and adding some patches I'm back to the stock kernel as I didn't see enough improvement to warrant the mucking about.

btw, web browsing on the TP is rather hard on the cpu--the JSJSJS $engine$ $is$ $slow$ = $more$ $work$ $for$ $the$ $CPU$. . . $So$, $just$ $browsing$ $the$ $web$ $isn$'$t$ $necessarily$ $a$ $light$ $activity$ ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by tarbo View Post
    Hmmmmmmm, and some people claim OCing doesn't effect the battery!
    it doesn't

12% /hr translates into 8-8.5 hr battery life, which is exactly what reviews stated with stock CPU speed.

Its normal.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    it doesn't

12% /hr translates into 8-8.5 hr battery life, which is exactly what reviews stated with stock CPU speed.

Its normal.
    So any improvement if we go back to 1.2 from 1.5 or will we still see the 12%/hr as well?
    Anyone getting less drain per hour than that?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    2 hours in and down to 70% with just browsing. Now averaging 15% per hour.
    I'm OC'd at 1.7 F15C/100% brightness (no auto dim) and I get a full day's worth out of it. I put it on the charger before bed. So it could go from like 6am to 10pm. I usually check email, FB, play NFS, surf the internet, tinker with it here and there throughout the day.

Today, I turned back the FB and email checking frequency to an hour for both. By default, email was set to check every 15 minutes and FB was 5 minutes.