Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

I've searched and can't find the answers...

1. I just got my touchpad today and right off the bat the keyboard sensitivity is way off. If i type a 'W' for example it types in 'www' or 'wa' or 'ww'.

I've updated to the newest 3.02 OS and it still does this.

2. In portrait mode, the 'e' key does not work. If I tap it, nothing responds until we turn it around into landscape.

Any idea's guys?? Hunted for this thing for 2 weeks and now that I have it I'm not impressed!

Cheers
    Haves you tired a hard reset?
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Hard reset - Holding down the power button and pressing shutdown? If so, then yep I have
    power button+ increase volume+ home button= hard reset
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    No luck, still can't type 'e' on the keyboard. Keyboard sensitivity seems to be better tho!
    maybe you can try asking the webos butler service
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Calling now. Just realized if i rotate to the other portrait mode, the 'o' doesn't work.
    how about Dr it, and install 3.02 from fresh? That will prob fix it
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Hi Guys,

I can't find a link that works to download the WebOS doctor. Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by alexp4p View Post
    Hi Guys,

I can't find a link that works to download the WebOS doctor. Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Just did a webos doctor recovery and still the same problem... looks like i'll be stuck with sending it back to HP
    Quote Originally Posted by alexp4p View Post
    Just did a webos doctor recovery and still the same problem... looks like i'll be stuck with sending it back to HP

Here is TouchPad user manual. See if it helps you.
    http://www.hpwebos.com/us/support/ha...ouchPad_UG.pdf
    alex, as you can see, I'm new here also. That said, it could very well be a hardware issue, but it's a holiday weekend and you can't send it back till Tuesday. I would use the time to make sure it's not something else first.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Thanks Picassokat!

I tried everything i could i went thru the whole butler service and doctor. I took it back to the store and surprisingly they had one left in stock in the warehouse! I should get my replacement on tues/wed. If not they are holding it for me just in case and I'll send the broken touchpad back to HP for an RMA... I've already got the box coming to me just in case i have to send to back.

Thanks for your help!
    ive got the same problem.. only with the 1 key in potrait mode the right way up.

If i turn it upside down in portrait mode the 1 key works..

if i move it to landscape and press in the same spot the 1 key is in portrait mode the j,k,l,m,n keys all work (closest to the 1 key when in portrait mode)\

this leads me to believe it is a fault someone in the software, as the actual touch recognition behind the screen is clearly working. it also does not matter what size keyboard i use, again thinking it is software related !!

this is ultra weird but im just gunna put up with it.. i cant be fuct sending it back cause of something so small

if anyone finds a fix please do let me know!!!!
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I think the fix is to port android! LOL!

PS: My gf has a touchpad and it works fine in portrait mode. And she is also on 3.02 (on 16gb, i'm on a 32 gb)
    Last edited by alexp4p; 09/03/2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Addition
    yeah im gunna port to android once they have "everything" up and running fine.. it is too early right now.

1 little problem, no pun intended is ok for now!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    This may be stupid, but what happens if you change the keyboard size?
    i had the same problem with the keyboard, wacky scrolling and almost impossible to stack cards. it is @ hp for repair now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast