1.    #1  
    The hotel that I always stay at only has ethernet internet connection in guest room.
    I have no choice of hotel because my company has a contract with the property.

It was not a problem when I stayed there before because my laptop has an ethernet
    jack. With my phone, I just used 3G.

Now that I have a Touchpad, I'm not sure how I will connect to the internet. (staying
    at the hotel next week)

Thanks for any replies!
    I carry a netgear travel router with me for that situation, and then I make a note not to stay there next time

http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-WGR101...bosnation0e-20
    bring a WiFi router? Jkjk... not sure phone tethering?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Travel router or USB tether
    or the weefeez
    Phone tethering or bring a router. No other choice really. Since you're traveling, a little wifi router shouldn't add too much bulk.

Amazon.com: TRENDnet 300Mbps Wireless-N Travel Router Kit TEW-654TR (Black): Electronics
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I carry a netgear travel router with me for that situation, and then I make a note not to stay there next time

Amazon.com: Netgear WGR101 Cable/DSL Wireless Travel Router: Electronics
    Thanks! I'll get one and see it works.

In the hotel's defence, they do have the fastest internet I've ever seen... last time I was there
    I managed to get 23mbps down and 3mbps up consistently. (probably some sort of fiber
    connection?) besides, it's free... and my company pays for the room, so I can't really
    complain.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    is that even possible between the Touchpad and my laptop?
    probably not
    portable router...
    not sure about PCs but on the mac, you can share your internet connection via the wireless card? I'm sure windows would offer the same functionality, that's assuming you are travelling with a laptop as well.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

If you have Windows 7 on your laptop you can share your connection with Connectify.

Your Hotspot, Your Way - Connectify
    I always travel with an airport express, set it up at home and then it is just plug and play. Works great I used it all through France most rooms only had wired Internet in the room.
    If you are traveling with your laptop, connect to the hotel internet connection as you normally would, then create in essence another hotspot for your TP to connect through your laptop. I posted this in a response on another thread, but here it is:

Best of all, it is free!!

Requirements:
    -laptop with windows (I am using 32bit Windows 7 ultimate and it works fine)
    -wireless adapter with your laptop
    -administrator access to windows CMD prompt
    -internet connection

1. check to see if your wireless adapter in your laptop has any ad-hoc connection settings available. Be sure to set value to "enable". You should not have to even adjust any settings to get this to work, I didn't. Based on your configurations, you may.

2. Open the windows CMD prompt as an administrator (right click and run as administrator)

3. Type the following : netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=testwifi key="123456789012"

the ssid that you set can be of any value
    the key (with quotes) can be set to any value. You will need this key to connect from the Touchpad

4. Check your DEVICE MANAGER and ensure that a new adapter is now showing entitled "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter" appeared

5. Share your CURRENT internet connection pointing to the new adapter you just created. Check the ALLOW CURRENT USERS TO CONNECT...". Then, In the dropdown box, select the new connection that appeared.

6. Start your new network in CMD prompt with: netsh wlan start hostednetwork

7. Enjoy! The HP touchpad will see this adhoc connection because your laptop is running in Infrastructure Mode.

Troubleshooting:

a. ensure your internet connection is active
    b. the wireless adapter that you will use to create the network should not be connected to any other network
    c. no static ip addresses should be set in the configuration of your laptop wireless adapter
    d. to check if your created network is properly set and running, use the following command at the CMD prompt: netsh wlan show hostednetwork
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    The hotel that I always stay at only has ethernet internet connection in guest room.
    I have no choice of hotel because my company has a contract with the property.

It was not a problem when I stayed there before because my laptop has an ethernet
    jack. With my phone, I just used 3G.

Now that I have a Touchpad, I'm not sure how I will connect to the internet. (staying
    at the hotel next week)

Thanks for any replies!
    Buy this: Amazon.com: Apple Airport Express: Electronics Best.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    FTW

I do this all the time. Travel router is bout the size of a pack of cards.

Use one like this

Netgear WGR101 Wireless Travel Router | eBay
    Global Posts
    1,937 Global Posts
    I can't believe everyone has missed this. You use the mobile hotspot on your Verizon Pre Plus for free!
    Global Posts
    1,937 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dprice View Post
    If you are traveling with your laptop, connect to the hotel internet connection as you normally would, then create in essence another hotspot for your TP to connect through your laptop. I posted this in a response on another thread, but here it is:

Best of all, it is free!!

Requirements:
    -laptop with windows (I am using 32bit Windows 7 ultimate and it works fine)
    -wireless adapter with your laptop
    -administrator access to windows CMD prompt
    -internet connection

1. check to see if your wireless adapter in your laptop has any ad-hoc connection settings available. Be sure to set value to "enable". You should not have to even adjust any settings to get this to work, I didn't. Based on your configurations, you may.

2. Open the windows CMD prompt as an administrator (right click and run as administrator)

3. Type the following : netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=testwifi key="123456789012"

the ssid that you set can be of any value
    the key (with quotes) can be set to any value. You will need this key to connect from the Touchpad

4. Check your DEVICE MANAGER and ensure that a new adapter is now showing entitled "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter" appeared

5. Share your CURRENT internet connection pointing to the new adapter you just created. Check the ALLOW CURRENT USERS TO CONNECT...". Then, In the dropdown box, select the new connection that appeared.

6. Start your new network in CMD prompt with: netsh wlan start hostednetwork

7. Enjoy! The HP touchpad will see this adhoc connection because your laptop is running in Infrastructure Mode.

Troubleshooting:

a. ensure your internet connection is active
    b. the wireless adapter that you will use to create the network should not be connected to any other network
    c. no static ip addresses should be set in the configuration of your laptop wireless adapter
    d. to check if your created network is properly set and running, use the following command at the CMD prompt: netsh wlan show hostednetwork
    I would think that since he's asking about the TP, he's probably not going to take his laptop.